Asssistant Accountant - German Speaking
Page Personnel are currently recruiting on behalf of an international organisation who are aggressively expanding their European operations and require a German Speaking Assistant Accountant to support their ongoing growth.
My client is an international retail brand housing household names found on the high street. With strong growth in both US & EMEA markets, my client is looking to expand their European function.
The ideal German Speaking Assistant Accountant will have the following responsibilities:
- Prepare/assist in the preparation of the month end bank reconciliation.
- Ensure that all payments are supported by authorised invoices.
- That all expense claims are supported by appropriate documentation and authorised signatory.
- Ensure that major accounts are regularly reconciled, that cash is allocated on a daily basis and that credit balances are investigated.
- Pursue outstanding debts in order to ensure that cash is collected within the normal credit period, in line with Group procedures.
- Assist in closing off the sales ledger at the month end, running statements/ required report
- Ensure that all purchase invoices are correctly authorised and coded, and posted to the purchase ledger on a regular basis.
- Monthly reconciliation of purchase ledger balances to supplier statements.
- Prepare monthly payment run, passing cheques together with statement and supporting documentation for signature,
- ensuring that cash payments are allocated regularly and debit balances are investigated.
- Assist in closing off purchase ledger at month end, running statements, required reports
The ideal German Speaking Assistant Accountant will have the following attributes:
- Working knowledge of Oracle
- Strong exposure to a finance function
- Ability to read, write and speak German would be preferable
- ACCA/CIMA studier would be preferable
- Hard working team player
Competitive salary, study support and fantastic benefits