About the Company: Our client is a well-established company based in Derbyshire who are looking for a Laboratory Technician to join an ever expanding team on a Temp to perm or permanent basis.
Key Responsibilities: Main responsibilities of this role include providing assistance to technologists and scientists including sample preparation and lab administration.The successful candidate will provide administrative assistance to the team, managing material stock and ordering of raw materials and lab consumables.
- Manage raw material stocks by continuous evaluation, checks and reporting feedback to Technologist and Development Manager.
- Ensure sufficient sample stocks are available in Derby.
- Ordering of raw materials and lab consumables: Maintain and monitor material library expiry dates and replenish depleted stocks though placing orders with fellow colleagues at our head office and factory locations.
- Participate in product evaluation and tastings providing constructive comments and feedback to aid product improvement of sensory attributes.
- Evaluate and record (on request // proactive) market products and new developments.
- Support Technologists, Development Manager and Senior Account Managers to improve project quality and increase proactive sales approach.
- Understand and assist in managing projects according to priorities from customers and business.
- Any other activities as deemed necessary to meet the strategic aims of the company.
- You will be computer literate; Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook, and capable of learning and using other operating or web based systems to enable the smooth administration.
- Numeracy, accuracy and good communication skills are essential for the successful completion of the role.
- Be punctual and flexible to meet technical and customer deadlines.
Desired requirements and/or skills:
- Love of food and cooking
- Basic food hygiene awareness
- Basic knowledge of French
What's in it for you? This is a full time position working Monday to Thursday 9am - 5pm and until 3pm on a Friday. Salary will be around £18,000 P/A depending on experience.
Interested to know more? My client is looking for someone to start ASAP so please send an up to date CV to or telephone for further information.