Relationship Manager - Local Authorities
Relationship Manager - c£40-45k basic, Uncapped OTE, Car allowance and extensive benefits package
Our Client is a leading provider within the Construction and Property marketplace of a range of building control/insurance related products and services. Following consistent growth an exciting opportunity has arisen for dynamic, motivated Relationship and Key Client Manager to join their team of sales professionals in the UK.
New hires will be given first class training and a remit to manage and develop strategic level relationships with key clients in the Local Government/Local Authority sector.
To manage and develop relationships within the local authority building control network. The role will involve developing new opportunities in partnership with the regional sales team, as well as maintaining and improving existing relationships with the partner network.
Overview of Responsibilities
- To work with the existing sales team to achieve agreed sales and business objectives relating to targeted growth.
- To assist in the development and implementation of the Sales and Marketing Plan for the full company range of products.
- To regularly liaise with the Sales & Marketing Managers, providing regular MI information in order to notice trends and increase market share.
- To provide updates on progress and development, at the same time as highlighting any potential issues.
- To develop key contacts at senior levels within the network.
- To deliver Sales & Marketing presentations to clients and work colleagues, as required.
- To produce statistics and provide management information on a monthly and ad hoc basis.
- Work closely with building control partner offices updating them on our range of products and services.
- To attend regular internal and external Sales Team meetings.
- To pro-actively manage existing, and develop new customer relationships with the sales team
- To attend Trade Exhibitions, Industry events and awards ceremonies as required.
- To develop and maintain competitor and market knowledge.
- To ensure accurate MI data is produced monthly.
- To understand and comply with processes and procedures
- To strictly adhere to the Company’s selling practices and methods in accordance with FCA rules.
- To provide technical support to the Warranty Sales and Marketing teams
- To undertake any other duties as reasonably required.
Experience / Skills
-Knowledge of the Building Regulations, gained in a similar environment would be ideal but not essential.
-Experience working with local authorities at a strategic level.
-A highly successful track record of setting and achieving targets.
-A good understanding of the construction market.
-Excellent Customer Relationship Management skills with ability to identify and match our products with new and existing customers.
-The ability to identify market opportunities.
-Proven ability to persuade and influence.
-A strong commercial awareness and the ability to work as part of a team.
-Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
-Ability to utilise and manipulate data.
-Working knowledge of MS Outlook (email), MS Word, MS Excel.
-Ability to motivate self and influence others.
-Flexible in personal approach
-Strong commercial and market awareness.
-The ability and confidence to deliver presentations at board level.
-Full UK driving licence