Financial Controller (SME)
This ambitious, growing professional SME in North Birmingham is currently seeking a confident Senior Financial Controller to assume responsibility of guiding the business towards continued growth, and providing comprehensive and insightful financial support to the board of directors.
Reporting directly to the board and leading a small finance team of 2-3, you will assume responsibility for month-end accounting, statutory accounting and management accounts. You will also develop and prepare detailed monthly board reports with commentary & analysis, provision of business intelligence & management information, cash-flow reporting and forward forecasting, financial analysis and various ad-hoc reports for the board - informing them of the financial position of the business at any given time. You will essentially be a finance business partner, assisting the board in making key decisions regarding the strategic direction of the entire business.
You will also be encouraged to implement efficient controls and procedures to ensure the improvement and accuracy of processes in the finance team and wider business, as well as training and developing your team.
Ideally, you will:
- Be a qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) with experience of a similar all-round FC role including statutory accounting, management accounting, budgeting & forecasting, business partnering and financial analysis;
- Be driven, ambitious and motivated with strong organisational skills and initiative (allowing you to create your own workload, and develop/advance your role as the business grows);
- Be an approachable and down-to-earth person, with a confident communication style (you will be advising the directors on your recommendations, and need to do so with confidence and authority).
In return, you will:
- Work in an high-growth, established and successful SME in a friendly, flexible, open and supportive working environment;
- Gain commercial and operational finance experience working closely with the board - advising on your recommendations to improve the performance of the business and the strategic direction of the company;
- Receive a competitive salary and rewarding benefits package with great levels of flexibility around your working hours;
- Get a chance to progress and develop your role within the business as it continues to grow, with the prospect of working towards an FD position for the business a real possibility in a relatively short space of time.
This is an ideal opportunity for a confident Financial Controller to work in a rewarding, successful and supportive SME business in an important role - giving you real autonomy in managing the entire finance function for the board.