Warehouse Team Leader
Our Client, who is one of the UK's largest handlers of fresh produce, is looking to take on 2 experienced Pack-house Team Leaderson a permanent basis.
Client is located in central Birmingham and is easily accessible from all surrounding areas. They specialise in the procurement of fresh produce from all around the world for sale in the UK and Continental Europe.
They are a fantastic company to work for with a lot of opportunities for your personal growth and progression in the future.
- Assist supervisors in ensuring that the Company's products are despatched in accordance with customer requirements and in a timely/efficient manner;
- Manage and train a team whilst maintaining high productivity levels;
- Comply with operating systems;
- Effectively co-operate and liaise with shift supervisors and higher management regulating shift work;
- Be responsible for training new and current employees how to select, pick, weigh, pack, seal, label, box, stack, and lift produce in the most efficient and correct manner;
- Set up production lines, machines and labels - organise the team and strive for orders to be completed on time;
- Monitor speed and quality of packing, stacking, labelling and weighting;
- Ensuring stock coding is correct and that stock is used in rotation;
- Ensuring to keep your managers informed of underlying or possible problems relating to produce (shortages, poor stock, overstock, over-ripe stock, waste) whilst keeping an eye on reducing waste product and time taken to complete tasks;
- Be able to communicate any problems to Senior Management;
- Enforce and follow systems (signing in & out labels from the label room), report Health & Safety violations to the supervisor if you can't get them sorted out yourself;
- Ensure that all of your workers are wearing clean overalls and ensure that they comply with Company's hygiene regulations. You will have to report any violations to supervisors;
- Ensure that employees are complying with company jewellery regulations;
- Ensure that your areas where food is stored or processed is kept clean, tidy and safe promoting a CLEAN AS YOU GO routine. No straps, netting or hazardous material left lying around and thus showing due concern for the health and safety of your colleagues, especially at the end of the shift;
- Ensure that no pallets are left lying around and are stacked correctly, safely and in an optimum manner;
- Ensure that fire exits are kept tidy, miscellaneous products lying around are put away and relabelled if required;
- Report all damages and breakage's to Supervisors.
- To lead by example:
- be able to follow instructions given to you by supervisors;
- Seek clarification and advice when unsure;
- Maintain urgency and meet deadlines;
- Be able to think on your feet and put forward new ideas to supervisors and managers in order to improve current methods and systems;
- Ensure control of your team, however NOT to discipline or to threat to discipline employees;
- Remain objective and impartial at all times;
- Co-operate and work closely with other team leaders;
- Remember to maintain Customer Service, such as Quality Value Service (QVC);
- Demonstrate leadership skills and the ability to get your team to follow you and work under pressure;
- Understand that sometimes you may be required to jump in and help with work when required;
- Strive for continuous improvement of self, operations, and efficiency and be meticulous;
- Be able to exhibit integrity in your dealings with colleagues and superiors;
- Motivate your team, always remain calm and sensitive towards your team.
Training will be provided by the Client on site however previous exposure within a similar environment is highly desirable and would be advantageous.
Pay rate is £8.50 per hour
05:45 - 14:00
13:45 - 22:00
21:45 - 06:00
You will be working on Rotating shifts - required to work 5 days out of 7
If you are interested in the above position then please do not hesitate to send your CV today. Alternatively, you are welcome to contact a member of staff at Cordant People Birmingham Office.
Cordant People are acting as an Equal Employer in regards to this role.
Cordant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.