Mentors / Trainers
Opportunities with Standguide Ltd
Standguide Ltd, established for over 25 years, are an organisation whose primary aim is to support unemployed people back into sustainable employment.
- We work with unemployed individuals to establish what kind of work they want and can realistically undertake
- We work with employers to secure suitable vacancies to match our client’s needs whilst also meeting the employers’ requirements.
We run a wide variety of provisions, requiring Full Time, Part Time and Sessional delivery, as we respond to the needs of our clients, the local Jobcentre Plus and Local Authority requirements.
Standguide Ltd are currently looking for colleagues who are interested in joining us as a Mentor/ Trainer delivering a wide variety of Training, Mentoring and One-to-One support. This is a six month fixed term contract, commencing September/ October 2017 with the potential to extend this further after this intial period.
- We have opportunities throughout Staffordshire, Shropshire, the East Midlands and the West Midlands. This opportunity will primarily deliver courses around the M6 corridor but candidates should be flexible to deliver in other locations should demand require this.
- We are looking for people who have skills and experience in training and teaching small groups, mentoring individuals and providing information, advice and guidance on all aspects of finding and keeping a job.
- You will be working with a wide age range from 18 - 60, supporting individuals to overcome barriers and helping them gain in confidence
- You will need to have excellent ICT skills, including online jobsearch techniques.
- You must be an excellent administrator, capable of completing and updating IT and paper based Management Information
- You must be capable of working in a team and on your own, setting up in different locations as required by the contracts we deliver
- You must have use of a car and be prepared to travel to different locations to deliver our provision on a peripatetic basis.
We welcome applications from all professions where these skills can be evidenced, including Teaching, Training, Retail, Finance, Hospitality. We are looking for colleagues who are capable of working to targets and have a passion for supporting people into work
Salary for this position is £23,175 per annum
For further information about Standguide Ltd please see our website www.standguide.co.uk
To apply, please send your CV and a detailed covering letter that demonstrates why you are suitable for these roles. As we have an immediate need for this position, preference may be given to earlier applicants.