Software Test Engineer
Graduate Software Test Engineer £24k
Location: Leamington Spa
Salary: In the region of £24,000
Contract: Full-time, permanent
Holidays: 25 days + statutory holidays
Benefits: Private health insurance, pension.
We are looking for a software test engineer to join an established development team.
This role would suit a recent graduate or someone looking to further their career within the field of software testing. The successful candidate should be bright and eager to learn new skills in order order to expand their role.
The role is quite technical in that it involves automated testing of both browser-based and desktop software, and has the scope for expansion into more complex activities.
The post will be based in Leamington Spa
Duties and Responsibilities
- To take bugs reports from ordinary users, find a simplest reproduction case and write up the bug reports clearly for the dev team.
- To learn and develop our automated software testing system to run tests automatically for key features of any program.
- To prepare manual test plans designed to test specific program features that do not lend themselves well to automated testing.
- To have the patience and critical eye to thoroughly test our software to ensure that it is at the best possible standard for release to the public.
Key Skills and Requirements
- A good Higher Education qualification (degree or equivalent), ideally in a technical discipline, or;
- Recent experience in a technical field that shows aptitude and willingness to learn
- Good written English
- Self-motivation to improve the testing process and expand the role
- Ability to quickly learn new software and skills
- Great attention to detail
Vantage Recruitment are acting as an employment agency for the purposes of this vacancy