Project Manager (Multi-room Builds) - Midlands
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager that will have overall responsibility for the successful planning, execution, monitoring, control and closure of a project. The projects will vary in value from £10m to in excess of £50m and are across a range of sectors including industrial, retail, Student Accommodation, Private rental schemes, offices, and industrial fit-out. The chosen Project Managers must have a combination of skills including an ability to ask penetrating questions, detect unstated assumptions and resolve conflicts, as well as excellent general management skills.
You will be a key figure of the Construction team and will primarily be responsible for the overall success of delivering the project, reaching set targets both safely and to the right quality standards on time and on budget. Overseeing the contract administration and safety management reporting into the Operations Manager. The role offers the opportunity to grow and develop your career within a successful and progressive organisation which offers a competitive salary based on experience.
You must be able to perform effectively within tight time-scales, keep within strict budgets and create a positive client environment maintaining a good relationship throughout the contract.
The Project Managers will oversee all aspects of any development and manage their team of Design Mangers, Planners, Commercial managers and the Site Team; so, excellent communication skills are an essential attribute which is most certainly required. To overcome certain tasks, project managers must show initiative and be able to find ways to adapt and manage a situation to provide a successful outcome to any overall critical path and delivery of the project.
The successful candidate will be expected to support the development of leadership within the site team. They will need to organise the team in the most effective way possible to complete the project, whilst training and teaching the employees towards the Client's core values. Encouragement of excellence and quality in work will lead to a great reputation amongst clients, and within the business.
- Plan the delivery of the project at hand.
- Main point of contact for the Client team.
- Responsible for overall management of programming.
- Oversee the management of the day-to-day working on site.
- Report progress on projects, including financial reporting with assistance of the team.
- To direct the necessary labour, plant, staff and equipment to achieve project completion on time, to specification and within budget.
- Monitor that the Site and Engineering Team order the correct materials and sub-contract services in good time to meet contract objectives.
- Oversee the Daily supervision and co-ordination of on-site staff, sub-contractors, plant and materials including Information management / meticulous record keeping of all relevant paperwork.
- Manage site teams by monitoring performance against contract targets and instigating any necessary corrective actions.
- Ensure compliance with Group Safety Policy and Health and Safety Regulations.
- Maintain strict quality control procedures, conduct regular site safety checks, Tool box talks and inductions.
- Ensure that staff and operatives are managed and led effectively by developing the skills and attitudes of managers leading to provision of a working environment that engenders high morale.
Experience and Qualifications:
Applicants must have experience working in the construction industry, preferably with multi-room build knowledge, as well as in the management of H&S.
Applicants will ideally have experience of managing all aspects of the build process as well as up to date knowledge of health and safety obligations and building legislation
- SMSTS and First Aid at Work
- Good IT skills including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong team leadership skills
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to think ahead
- Proven Longevity with Previous Employers
Our client offers industry leading project work, career development and packages. If you are interested in this vacancy e-mail your CV to Joe Ruby at the e-mail address: professional@uklgroup .com.