Risk & Compliance Officer
Job Title: Risk & Compliance Officer
Salary: Up to £35,000 (with flexibility DOE) plus a very generous benefits package
We have been instructed by an innovative regional law firm with ambitious plans. The firm has recently completed a major transformation programme creating a streamlined organisation where you will find "lawyers doing law" and "support providing support". There are a variety of legal and operational roles available within this collaborative and cohesive culture. When you join this firm, you will be competitively rewarded, with a strong base salary and an innovative bonus scheme. Our client fosters an environment of choice with clear career development paths, a focus on learning and development and a highly supportive structure.
The overall purpose of the role is the management of our client's risk and compliance procedures, ensuring regulatory and corporate risks are managed and controlled appropriately and in particular the management and effective resolution of client complaints and claims.
Key areas will include:
- Managing the complaints procedure, establishing accountability, monitoring and ensuring effective escalation and resolution.
- Liaising with external risk and compliance consultants.
- Co-ordinating and dealing with insurance queries, notifications and claims.
- Risk and Compliance reporting.
Specific coverage areas:
- Strategy and Business Plans.
- Policies and Processes.
- Projects, Systems & IT.
- Operational Activities.
- Business Change & Continuous Improvement.
- Customer Relationships - Internal & External.
- Business Development.
- Finance - Policies, Financial Control, Working Capital / Cash, Expenditure & Suppliers.
Skills & Experience required:
- A proven track record and wealth of experience in the management of risk and compliance in a legal environment; skilled in risk and complaints handling, dealing with clients who have a complaint, able to create an effective resolution. Understands risk and regulations as it relates to the legal and regulatory environment.
- Experience of the application of the Solicitors Regulation Authority Code of Conduct and the complaints resolution procedures.
- Sub-Deputy Money Laundering Reporting Officer and may be Anti-Bribery Officer.
- Develops and maintains technical expertise by attending training courses, seminars, self-directed study, conducting research. IT literate, good MS Office skills.
- Provision of risk and compliance support: Solicitors Accounts Rules, Data Protection, Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Bribery; able to apply the rules in a commercial environment, articulates clearly and may deliver some training. Demonstrates good numerical, verbal and communication skills.
Accuracy / Quality:
- High attention to detail and accuracy, maintains accurate and up-to-date records, policies and procedures. Develops and incorporates best practice approaches and methods.
If you feel that you have the requisite skills and experience, please apply today with an up-to-date CV. A full job description will be supplied to all successful applicants.