Are you looking for a new exciting and rewarding career in the Herefordshire Area? Would you like to join a team of passionate Support Workers? Offering support to thirteen individuals with a varied range of complex learning difficulties, autism and may show behaviours that challenge. When joining this rewarding team you will be earning £8.15 per hour..You will be providing support to maximise the potential of an individuals life, promote independence to enable the individuals to realise their own potential and lead a fulfilling lifel by encouraging a person centre approach.
The service is located on the outskirts of a beautiful little town called Ross-On-Wye with the city of Hereford just 10 miles away. Set in over 7 acres of stunning rural country side which included a trim trail and a sensory garden offering a relaxing atmosphere to both residents and Support Workers. The service taylors its approach to each individuals needs and requirments ensuring that the resident health and well-being is paramount. The service offers a vast range of indoor and outdoor activities such as swimming, horse riding, bowling, trips to the cinema, trips out to the pubs and shopping are readily avaliable to keep the residents engaged and stimulated.
Responsibilities of Support Worker:
• Assisting with individual's care including personal care and assisting to maintain a high standard of hygiene, this may include manual handling.
• You would be assisting the adults to maintain their own network of friends and relations
• Supporting home visits and inviting people to the service where possible.
• Encourage the residents with every aspect of their personal development, social skills, personal care, and interaction.
• Working as a part of a team with good commutation skills is essential.
• A shift pattern consisting of early 07.30-14.30 lates15.00-21.30 and doubles 07.30.21.30. Including a working requirement to work 3 out of 4 weekends on a 4 week rolling rota.
Person Specification for Support Worker:
• Caring and Passionate Individual
• Flexible with working Earlies, Lates, Double and 3 out of 4 weekends
• Enthusiasm, Compassionate and a strong Interest to work with Adults with Physical and Learning Difficulties.
• Experience within Health and Social Care is advantageous but not essential.
• CQC in Health and Social Care or desire to work towards this
• Excellent communication skills
• Effective organisational capability
• Experience working as part of a team.
• Flexibility to respond to the changing needs of those who we support
• Proactive and hardworking individual.
Additional information Support Worker:
• Enhanced DBS costs covered
• Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
• 28 days annual leave including bank holidays
• Online benefits and cashback rewards
• Cycle to work scheme
• Just Drive scheme
• SMART Childcare Vouchers
• SMART Pension option
If this exciting opportunity is of interest to yourself please apply immediately or call Lisa Clyne on , alternatively email