We are currently seeking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic Hydraulic Modeller to join our Hydro Team on a permanent basis. The role is based in our Birmingham office.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be involved in and take a lead role in a wide range of multi-disciplinary projects, including flood alleviation studies, flood risk assessment and development work, supporting works to water bodies classified under the Reservoirs Act, supporting work driven by the Water Framework Directive and engineering design of hydraulic structures and navigational works.
Key Responsibilities/Duties Include:
- Production and analysis of 1D/2D hydraulic models.
- Production of floodplain extents maps.
- Production of outline designs of flood management measures.
- Mentoring and development of junior members of the team.
- Production of flood risk assessment reports.
- Production of survey specifications and management of surveyors.
- Project management; undertaking a technical lead and discipline review role.
The ideal candidate will be a positive and enthusiastic team player, who holds a degree, masters degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline and will either have an industry recognised professional qualification or be working towards one.
The successful candidate must demonstrate the following:
- Have experience of producing and running 1D/2D hydraulic models.
- Have GIS skills.
- Have the ability to use models to inform reports and design.
- Have good report writing skills.
- Have good client and stakeholder liaison skills.
- Have an understanding of land development and national planning policy.
- Have significant experience of using some of the following software; ISIS, TUFLOW, ESTRY, ISIS 2d, HEC-RAS, InfoWorks RS, MapInfo / ArcView, Micro Drainage FloodFlow.
- Be able to manage and develop junior members of the team.
- Be able to manage complex projects.
For the right candidate, the role within the Birmingham Hydro team would provide opportunities to undertake all elements of a project with appropriate technical and management supervision, consolidating existing skills and developing new skills.
PBA has an active Young Consultants Forum, a network of younger consultants, and has many opportunities for career development and training and support for Chartership and personal development.About PBA
We offer a competitive salary and flexible benefits package, which includes contributory pension plan, discretionary bonus scheme and flexible benefits allowance.
Peter Brett Associates LLP (PBA) is a leading consultancy delivering development and infrastructure projects. We provide trusted advice to our clients and together we create better places for the communities in which we live.
PBA provides significant opportunity for career progression and personal development through the delivery of high value quality services to influential clients. It's a friendly and supportive environment for our employees where they can attain their personal career goals.
PBA is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunities.