Customer Service Advisor
Talking to customers about unpaid bills isn't the easiest job at Severn Trent but for resilient, self-motivated people, it's definitely one of the most engaging.
About the role:
97% of our customers pay their bills on time. You'll be part of a 130-strong team of Customer Advisors who talk over the phone to the 3% of customers who don't - or can't. You'll be given plenty of scope to resolve problems, reaching the best possible outcome for both the company and the customer. These aren't always easy conversations to have - but we'll provide full training to guide you plus a bonus of up to £1500 a year to keep you motivated as well as other incentives along the way. You'll find plenty of support from your colleagues too - this is a tight-knit team that's always amongst one of our most engaged when we carry out staff satisfaction surveys. We have a great atmosphere. Our teams are dedicated and take great pride in what they do. What's more, our people tell us you just can't beat the buzz of working for credit management!
You need at least 2 GCSEs at grade A-C in English and Maths (or equivalent). Experience in customer service, a call centre or credit control would be great. The role starts with training (both on the job and in the classroom) that will give you all the skills you need. It's your personal qualities we're most interested in. You need to be a good listener to understand customers' reasons for not paying their bills on time and a strong negotiator - someone who can think on their feet to agree a way forward. Calls can be unpredictable so you have to be ready for anything and able to stay calm and professional at all times.
This is a full-time role based at our busy, high-tech head office in Coventry city centre. With an on-site Costa Coffee, Restaurant and a Train Station and Bus Stop just around the corner we have everything you could need.
The teams who represent Severn Trent Water in person and over the phone are the face of our business. They play an essential role for a company that delivers a vital service to 8 million customers in homes, hospitals, shops, schools and businesses across the Midlands.
* We pride ourselves on our outstanding employee engagement scores and our Reward & Recognition reps work hard keeping morale high with ongoing competitions, games and incentives.
* Opportunity to gain Institute of Customer Service qualification on First Impressions.
* 25 days holiday
* Life assurance, pension with a company contribution rate of twice your personal contribution rate up to a maximum of 15%.
* Annual bonus scheme of up to 10% rewarded on a combination of personal and company performance.
* Share save scheme
* Flexible benefits from buying and selling holidays to discounted retail vouchers at competitive rates.
* Following successful completion of your probationary period after 7-9months, you can expect to receive an increase in your salary to £19,239
If this sounds like an ideal opportunity for you, then we'd like to hear from you. We have a two-stage recruitment process. The first stage will take place from week commencing 7th August, where we'll talk you through the details of the role, shifts, salary and training in more detail. If you're successful, we'll invite you to the second stage which is an assessment taking place week commencing 28th August. We have two start dates for this role, 2nd and 23rd October. So, what are you waiting for? Get in contact with us today.