Administration Team Leader
Permanent Administration Team Leader in Derby
Your new company
A company based in Central Derby are looking to appoint a Permanent Administration Team Leader. This forward thinking company, have an exciting opportunity to join their friendly and supportive team.
Your new role
- Lead and motivate the Administration Officer(s) and Certification Officer(s) through coaching, training and succession planning to enable the highest levels of team and individual performance.
- Manage day-to-day planning and operation for the team including workflow management and deployment of staff to meet strategic business targets.
- Take responsibility to ensure any temporary staff arrangements are planned to manage the administration workload of the AO and CB in agreement with the Senior Operations Manager
- Create an empowering environment, encouraging individual ownership and a culture of continuous improvement.
- Re-prioritise workloads or resource in response to unexpected change.
- Provide training and support to new and existing employees undertaking administration duties for the AO and CB
- Work with others to build effective team and wider-team relationships.
- Work co-operatively towards shared objectives.
- Communicate in an open, honest and consistent manner. Gets messages across in a way others can understand.
- Listens effectively and takes new ideas on board.
- Provide and analyse statistical information relating to organisational performance
- Provide or facilitate administrative support to managers as required in agreement with the Senior Operations Manager
- Maintain and update HR records and systems for the Certification and Administration Officers
- Maintain and update holiday and sickness records for the Certification team
What you'll need to succeed
- Proven track record of successfully leading, managing and developing high performing teams and efficient administrative processes.
- As this role revolves around excellent communication with customers, a good standard of written and spoken English is required
- Ability to advise, develop and deliver effective solutions to identified issues
- Experience within a customer focused environment (1 year)
- Keen eye for detail and accuracy
- PC literate across Microsoft office
- Demonstrable ability to work to strict deadlines
What you'll get in return
In return you will receive a competitive salary of between £19000 - £22000 depending on experience. You will be working on a Monday - Friday basis, standard office hours between 9 -5pm. There is also on site parking.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.