UK & European Channel Sales Manager
Business Development Manager -Channel Sales UK
Our client, a leading manufacturer of ultra-rugged handheld computers and GNSS solutions, is seeking an outstanding Business Development Manager to join their successful company.
They are looking for a proven sales professional to play a pivotal role in the continued growth as they further expand their presence in the UK.
In return for a highly competitive salary and commission structure, the successful candidate will take responsibility for new business sales of rugged handheld computers (PDA’s & Tablet PC’s) and field based data capture and GNSS solutions across the UK.
This is a challenging, but rewarding role and it requires someone who has the driven personality to match. This role is best suited to someone who has a proven track record in an IT sales environment and is able to clearly demonstrate their previous performance.
It is important that you are able to work independently using your own initiative to identify opportunities, maintain relationships and secure new business. You should feel comfortable working under pressure within a target driven environment.
- Take ownership of the UK market for sales of rugged handheld computers (PDA’s & Tablet PC’s) and field based data capture and GNSS solutions
- Identify, develop and communicate a clear and concise Channel Partner Strategy (targeting Software Houses, Systems Integrators, Resellers, Consultants) throughout the UK, across a selection of vertical markets including Industrial, Utilities, Geomatics, Natural Resources and Public Services
- Generate leads by cold calling and other prospecting techniques
- Respond to sales leads
- Develop individual partner business plans, which outline KPIs, goals and activities to drive growth and success
- Collaborate with partners to identify and understand sales opportunities, awareness, increase sales pipelines and close opportunities
- Responsible for driving revenues with partners
- Proactively engage with and act as the focal point between the company and partner sales force
- Represent the company at partner sales events and exhibitions
- Prepare and lead strategic partner quarterly business reviews
- Correct usage of CRM system & provide accurate monthly & quarterly sales forecast
- International travel may also be required occasionally
The successful Business Development Manager will meet the following requirements:
- Several years of sales experience, in either channel partner or direct, IT sales roles. This person will be sales driven and must have carried a quota and be able to demonstrate a proven track record exceeding quota on a regular basis
- Possess significant contacts within the partner community
- Proven ability to recognise, analyse, and take action on go to market approaches, joint value propositions, and business cases around strategic partnerships
- Cross-functional influence, strong relationship building, and account management skills toward a broad constituency ranging from end customers, channel partners, sales, marketing, and technical management
- Strong business acumen and negotiation abilities
- Great team player. Strong drive. Willing to take leadership role in driving initiatives, working across organisations and structuring approaches to new opportunities
- He or she will often be the sole representative physically present at meetings with the partner. He or she should be an accomplished presenter of sales and technical material to both small and large groups
- Familiarity with a broad range of rugged mobile hardware (handheld PDA’s & Tablets PC) is desirable
- Formal educational qualifications are secondary to experience and demonstrable sales results
Please Note: We only want applications from candidates with industry experience and proven track record of succesful sales.
Harvey Stone Recruitment is acting as a recruitment agency in respect of this position. We are only able to accept applications from people currently authorised to live and work in the UK and can’t sponsor work visa applications.