Mental Health Commission Programme Officer - 12 month fixed
Mental Health Commission Programme Officer - 12 month fixed term
Secondments are welcome
Salary: £33,525 to £37,738 + Excellent Benefits
Hours: 36.5 hours per week
The West Midlands Combined Authority (WMCA) is comprised of the twelve local authorities and three Local Enterprise Partnerships working together to move powers from Whitehall to the West Midlands and our locally elected politicians, who know this region best. Individual councils will still deliver services and retain their identity but on the big decisions we will have the resources to work together.
The Mental Health Commission PMO ensures that all projects within the WMCA Mental Health Programme are managed and assured to the highest possible standard.
This role will require you to provide a comprehensive programme management service for the Mental Health Commission, to the various programme development and delivery teams, enabling a high standard of planning, delivery and assurance, by providing tools, guidance, advice & support on all aspects of programme management and programme management best practice.
In addition this role shall provide a comprehensive service to the Programme development and delivery teams ensuring that project/programme performance data and progress reports, for both internal monitoring purposes and external progress reporting purposes, are of a high standard and are published at the appropriate time, maintain & contribute to the development of the systems used.
• To coach and mentor Mental Health Commission projects/programmes through the Project Lifecycle, Assurance Process and project performance reporting process
• Support the development and implementation of internal project assurance that meets the need of the Mental Health Commission, Corporate Services and external audit requirements.
• To manage the forward plan for the compliance assurance reviews, schedule meetings and co-ordinate attendees; creating outputs for the Corporate Assurance Team and feeding into the relevant Programme Boards.
• To ensure that programme specific processes and information are developed, and continuously assessed, to industry recognised Best Practice and feedback on programme and project management performance.
• The provision of 1:1 coaching and support to team members on any aspect of programme management, at the request of project managers or team managers or in response to process compliance audit results.
• To ensure continuous improvement of project management processes, in line with the requirements of the WMCA.
• To ensure that Programme and Project reports are available in the timescales defined, in advance of the scheduled meetings, to assist in the development of agenda setting and pre-briefing of Project Stakeholders where appropriate.
• To develop and maintain the project monitoring systems, to track project progress and to provide management information reports for both Mental Health Commission and WMCA forums.
• To generate reports from the project monitoring system and provide subsequent analysis to allow full and accurate programme/project monitoring is provided.
• To generate other Portfolio, Programme and Project reports (manual and automated) in accordance with the annual reporting schedule and governance requirements.
To apply for this role, please click below and you will be emailed to let you know how to continue your application.
Closing Date: 8 September 2017
Interview date: 29 September 2017
We are committed to equality of opportunity in service provision and employment. Our recruitment policies, procedures and practices enable all applicants to be considered on merit and ability to do the job. We will make reasonable adjustments, in line with the Equality Act, for disabled applicants if these are needed.