Commercial Finance Analyst
A successful retail business is currently hiring a new Commercial Finance Analyst to join its large UK Head Office function based in Solihull.
You will be tasked with interpreting large amounts of raw sales data into more meaningful and simplistic management information for use by the commercial team, thus facilitating an improved focus on more efficient sales strategy. You will also be responsible for translating this complex information for your non-finance audience (i.e. Senior Commercial Managers, Sales Director, Marketing Director, etc.) into more understandable terms, helping the business focus on board level strategy. Furthermore you will be business-partner individual budget holders in improving budgetary performance, and challenge forecasts in order to facilitate better accuracy and controls.
This role will give you direct commercial experience in a fast-paced, ambitious and growing retail environment - helping you develop priceless experience for a future move towards senior management (i.e. Finance Manager, Financial Controller or Finance Director).
Ideally, you will:
- Be a recently qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA) with previous experience of preparing management reports, management accounts and detailed variance analysis;
- Be used to working at pace, demonstrating the organisational skills to effectively balance many different priorities simultaneously;
- Demonstrate instances in which you have been able to add tangible value top directly aid the performance of a business / business unit;
- Be ambitious and motivated, with evident qualities of initiative and drive.
In return, you will:
- Work in a very large, proactive, fast-paced business during a period of rapid growth (prospects for longer-term career opportunities are huge);
- Gain direct commercial and operational exposure in a varied, exciting and important role;
- Enjoy a competitive salary with rewards and benefits being given for good performance and loyalty;
- Enjoy outstanding career progression prospects in an environment that focusses on developing and progressing it’s staff;
- Be encouraged to develop your role by providing continuous improvements to procedures, systems and processes.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious Finance Analyst to gain direct operational and commercial exposure in a large, successful and forward-thinking national business - enjoying great career prospects as a result.