Claims Handler - 9 month Fixed Term Contract
Purpose of Role
As part of the Carillion Team (“the Team”) to assist the Manager and other members of the Team in providing professional advice and guidance in relation to insurance matters (and alternatives to insurance such as the self funded private healthcare trust arrangements ) to Carillion companies and where appropriate monitor and review the insurances arranged on behalf of these entities by external brokers and other parties, and ensure that the Group’s insurance strategy is effectively implemented and communicated to all relevant internal and external stakeholders.Principal Accountabilities
- Providing quick and accurate advice to clients
- Providing firm quotations and budget insurance premiums to clients where required as appropriate
- Assist in negotiating effectively on behalf of the client with insurers, external brokers and other applicable parties and ensure that accurate and timely information is provided to insurers, external insurance brokers and private healthcare administrators so as to be able to obtain the most advantageous terms
- Check, draft and redraft policy and project documentation and raise invoices
- Be the day to day contact point for business units, insurers, and other parties in relation to all non claims related insurance matters
- Liaise effectively on behalf of the client with insurers, external brokers and other parties
- Check documentation
- Assist the Manager in monitoring the advice provided to Carillion companies by external brokers
- Assist the Manager in marketing the services of Carillion Insurance Advisers Ltd when required
- All in compliance with rules and procedures laid down by Carillion Insurance Advisers Ltd’s regulator
As part of the Insurance Claims team within Carillion Advice Services you will assist the Insurance Manager and other members of the team in providing professional advice and guidance in relation to insurance claims, predominantly Employer’s and Public Liability claims.
The team carries out full cycle pre-litigation claims handling and deals with all aspects from first notification, investigation of liability, assessment of quantum through to settlement. This potentially involves, communicating with the claimant and/or the claimant’s representatives in writing and verbally, and establishing contact with the appropriate Carillion personnel to determine the liability position.
There will also be an element of dealing with Carillion’s insurers, brokers its panel solicitors.
You will be the day to day contact point for business units within your work allocation for all claims related insurance matters.