CAD Engineer - Apex MA
- The position presents an exciting opportunity to become part of a unique and evolving department within Body Engineering, developing advanced feature strategies and leading content delivery across many programs.
- In this role you will be exposed to a variety of components, systems, suppliers and cross PD functions, playing a key part in driving robustness and quality into the Safety Components Group.
- Reporting to the departmental Group Leader and/or Programme Module Leader within the Safety Components area, the CAD Catia V5 Design Engineer will potentially work across all of the commodities.
- Competent Catia V5 designer
- Good understanding of automotive attributes
- Able to demonstrate good communications skills and management of stakeholders
- Good experience of Catia V5 is a minimum requirement. Be capable of engineering complex parts and / or assemblies, with particular consideration to part to part interfaces and relationships, including CAE, DFM and DFA requirements.
- The successful candidates should be able to demonstrate a design flair and the ability to be able to engineer a range of solutions to a design problem.
- The successful candidates will be effective communicators and have strong organisational and numerical skills.
- Applicants should be ideally educated to Degree level or equivalent
- Experience of Body Engineering environment/components is desirable for this role, but not essential. Proven knowledge of client Product Development and business; processes and systems. Parametric/AVA modelling experience would be advantageous.
- Engineering knowledge of Body Engineering systems, component design, function, performance, production and manufacturing requirements.
- A good understanding of the client change management process (PACN and WERS processes), Design Verification (RMDV), Design FMEA and AIMS processes would beadvantageous.
- Flexibility in being prepared to work at Whitley, Gaydon or other locations depending on project requirements.
- Ideal individuals will be dynamic, contentious and a team player being prepared and able to work with a diverse work force.