Design and Development Engineer (Electrical)
Our client is at the forefront of the niche manufacturing sector. Due to continued growth they are now looking for a Design and Development Engineer to plan, participate in the design, and validate development of cable management, power and wiring device products. In particular to manage the design & conformity processes of the development so that accurate components/products can be made or purchased from any part of the company or sub-contractors. Provide the company with electrical engineering expertise and promote the company’s professionalism and ethics.
- To research, design & develop and validate new products and cost improvement of current designs.
- Specify and develop the next generation of power, cable management and wiring device products by taking account of marketing requirements to produce functional products of new or improved design to comply with the latest National and International standards.
- To produce the technical files as required by the low voltage directive for power, cable management & wiring device products.
- Follow design & development procedures as required by ISO9001 and design policy.
- To manage type testing, test records and safety at the site facility.
- To liaise with the Industrialisation department to produce practical designs so that products can be made at appropriate cost.
- To provide Purchasing department with technical details for the purchase of parts from external suppliers.
- To liaise with marketing / publicity to check the technical content of catalogues and technical manuals.
- Provide support to the technical support department on electrical or mechanical matters relating to company products.
- Suitably experienced in the use of 2D and 3D CAD.
- Abide by and actively promote the company Values and Code of Ethics.
- Have a working knowledge of UK Wiring Regulations, associated national and international standards.
- Have knowledge of Wiring Devices and Power Distribution Products.
- Have the ability to plan and manage projects.
- Be competent in the use of AUTOCAD/INVENTOR and 3-D Modelling systems.
- Have good IT skills (spreadsheets, engineering databases, presentation tools).
- Be able to communicate well at all levels inside and outside the company.
- Be able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Be self-motivated and able to work unsupervised.
- Be able to travel within and outside the UK, and work away from base location as appropriate.
- Educated to Degree/HND level in an electrical engineering discipline.
- Membership of the IET is preferred.
- Previous electrical design / testing work in low voltage cable management, power distribution or wiring device product manufacturing environment.