Retail Category Buyer
Buyer / Buying / Procurement / Purchasing / Category Management / Retail / Wholesale
Due to a major restructure, we are searching for Category Buyers for our retail client.
Reporting into the Head of Procurement, you’ll be responsible for sourcing and supplier management to deliver on the category strategy - ensuring the highest standards of supply, cost and quality of goods. You’ll play a crucial role in ensuring the end customer receives quality and value!
What you’ll do:
- Responsibility for the scope, design, plan and execution of the category plan
- Sourcing of new suppliers & brand partners and growing your category
- Reporting on supplier performance
- Invoice reconciliation and management, including credit requests and contracts
- Investigate any complaints relating to products within your categories
- Reducing waste where possible
- Lead and develop innovative category plans for all months as well as key seasons, with a focus to improve the product using this market trend knowledge
- Identify and execute strategic procurement projects
- Contract management including commercial negotiations, service level agreements
- Create joint strategic initiatives with suppliers. For example: cost saving, quality improvements
- Create a work environment that is both challenging and enjoyable
- Deliver to the category’s cost budget, balanced against the supply and quality targets
Who you are:
- Buying experience, preferably within a retail or wholesale environment – this is not essential though
- Experience managing supplier relationships
- CIPS level 5 would be beneficial but not essential
- Quantitative and analytical experience including intermediate to advanced excel
- Able to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Proactive, ambitious, and assertive
- Excited to work in a fast-paced environment with constant change and limited direction
Please note, due to the large number of applications we receive, if you do not hear back from us within 14 days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Although we will keep hold of your details and consider you for other, similar roles.
BPM Supply Chain would like to talk to you if you match the above requirements. BPM Supply Chain are acting as a Recruitment Agency in the recruitment of this post. Your details will be held in strictest confidence and in compliance with GDPR legislation.