Purchasing Manager / Buyer
Salary: Circa £40,000
This small/medium sized company design and manufacture a highly technical product to a wide variety of industries worldwide.
Their manufacturing process involves electronic, mechanical and electrical engineering and assembly. The company are well respected in their industry and are very well established.
The company are particularly looking for someone currently living within a 1 hours drive of Rugby in the first instance.
The Purchasing Manager will be responsible for
- Developing strategic procurement activities
- Negotiating contracts with current and new suppliers
- Developing and executing a commercial strategy
- Driving improvements through analysis, planning and execution.
- Sourcing new profitable suppliers
- Manage suppliers and purchases through effective strategies which meet budgetary, stock and operational requirements to support the company’s overall strategy and goals.
You will be working closely with senior management to achieve good communication, effective planning, strategic and operational plans
- Developing and implementing purchasing strategy (production and non-production)
- Reporting on production and development spend for company directors.
- Reporting on product wastage for company directors.
- Conducting market/pricing analysis.
- Checking inventory planning, maintaining and updating Purchase Orders on the SAGE software
- Raising relevant PO’s/stock movement orders.
- Monitoring and evaluating supplier performance.
- Reporting to suppliers of order discrepancies.
- Analyse and react to selling trends
- Maintain high level SAGE stock accuracy.
- Order progressing.
- Operate a continuous improvement scheme.
The company are looking for someone with excellent negotiating and forecasting skills
Someone with commercial awareness and strong business acumen;
Advanced forecasting, analytical and planning skills.
This is a great opportunity to join a professional engineering company.
If you feel you are the right person for this role as a Purchasing Manager and have the skills to do the job please click the "apply now" button to progress you application further.
Please send us your most up to date CV and include your current location, your salary expectations and details of your experience relevant to the job to help us progress your application quickly. You are welcome to contact us by telephone to discuss the position once you have sent us your CV.
Mel Rose & Bill Bates
Rugby Recruitment Services Ltd