Project engineer/Surveyor - Building services
Project engineer/Surveyor - Building services
Our client has been providing highly effective building services solutions within the UK since the business was created in 2004. Their core services include improving energy efficiency, troubleshooting problems with existing electromechanical installations, strategic management of contract maintenance and design solutions for optimal performance and evaluating whole life cycle costs.
They currently provide a wide variety of solutions for electromechanical services including: heating, ventilation, air conditioning, lifts and escalators, lighting, fire alarm and electrical engineering services. They are currently recruiting a project engineer for our lifts and escalators department - based out of or head office in Birmingham for our client across the UK. This presents an exciting and rewarding opportunity which offers a chance to develop within a growing organisation.
Position Summary: Project engineer/Surveyor - lifts & escalators
The candidate is likely to have background in buildings services/technical services/lifts/ commissioning and installation of electromechanical equipment with an enthusiasm for consultancy and a desire to increase their skills, experience and expertise in the lifts and buildings industry.
The position will involve working on a large number of lift projects with a wide variety of clients (large private and public sector firms) helping to ensure compliance, improve safety and boost performance by inspecting and testing lift equipment to the latest standards.
The successful candidate will have the chance to develop a career in the experience of supervising the repair and maintenance of passenger lifts and expert technical knowledge of lift installations, safety regimes and industry standards. The role will also involve working with the team in analysing problems with current installations and implementing improvements to existing systems in order to provide cost effective solutions for existing poor working environments. An essential component of working within the team will be client care and the ability to ensure that all the needs of the customer are effectively catered to.
Any applicants must be willing to take an NVQ3 or EOR202 lift qualification as part of the role. As well as this, the applicant must have a desire to learn and develop their skills and expertise in lifts as part of the role.
A broad based engineering knowledge including; mechanical systems, electrical/controls engineering, hydraulics and maintenance techniques coupled with the ability to communicate ideas and solutions in a clear and concise manner is central to the role.
Role Summary - Essential skills & experience:
- Six to eight years' relevant industry experience working in mechanical or electromechanical environments with at least 6 years site experience in lift/building services or allied trade such as electromechanical installation/commission and survey.
- Experience with audit and maintenance work within buildings /structures environment
- Managing and working with contractors to adhere to specifications and drawings
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to understand and draft technical documents
- Hold a full clean UK driving licence to travel to site as required.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) at all levels to maintain good relationships and prepare reports
- Must be able to work independently and use initiative to solve problems
- Highly organised, punctual and efficient at time management
- The ability to work with a team of technical specialists in a professional, friendly and confident manner and develop client relationships with a clear customer focus
- Ability to develop networks and contacts
- Manage and mentor a small team
Desirable skills and Experiences:
- Experience and knowledge of the building services sector.
- Experience in project management.
- EOR202 lift qualification
- Experience with lifts, escalators, moving walkways, goods lift and stair lifts etc
Carrying out high quality surveys of existing lifts & escalators with consistent inspection and certification of lifts and associated equipment (passenger, goods, electric, hydraulic, escalators, moving walkways) to ensure compliance with current regulatory and statutory requirements, traffic analysis, design and specification of new lift/escalator installations, modernising existing lift/escalator installations and energy use modelling.
Take responsibility for all client projects assigned to you:
- Operate within agreed authorities, inspection and H&S standards
- Produce and deliver high quality reports
- Manage a personal diary and keep abreast of changes in relevant standards and legislation
- Report to the directors at monthly progress meetings and as required
- Undertake other duties as assigned
- Represent the firm in a professional manner and maintain their reputation at all times
This is a full time position offering long term prospects for the successful candidate to develop a successful career. The role will enable the successful applicant to progress their training to obtain a chartership and relevant professional qualification and develop their experience and expertise by joining a growing company with the opportunity for progression.
LocationThe role is Midlands based, although the role would