Area Sales Developer
Area Sales Developer
GBP18,000-GBP20,000 per annum
ST5- Newcastle under Lyme
Meridian Business Support are currently recruiting for an Area Sales Developer based in Newcastle.
Working with the public and private sectors, our client base includes local authorities, the education sector, architects and contractors
- To research and develop new leads and sales opportunities in your geographical region.
- Gather company and contact data, inputting and updating information into a CRM database.
- Using business tools, project/lead subscription services, web and social media platforms to research prospective and new clients, collating project information relating to a range of market sectors
- Following up potential business to mature the lead.
- Support the Area Sales Development team with general administration duties relating to our CRM database and outbound marketing activities
- Arrange appointments and plan meetings with potential/existing contacts as require
- Following up quotations with prospective clients to mature sales leads and recognise opportunities to close the sale;
- Update project notes using the CRM system;
- Providing technical and sales advice to customers by telephone;
- Negotiate to ensure the best deal for customer and the company
- Provide weekly reports on order activity.
- Experience in sales development, preferably on the telephone and used to working to deadlines
- Experience of CRM database systems.
- Excellent admin and IT skills (experienced on MS office programmes).
- Web and social media knowledge with the ability to navigate for research purpose.
- Strong sales negotiation, product cross selling and closing skills;
- Confident and strong communicator able to work with colleagues and clients at all levels.
- Possess a full working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs and have a high level of computer literacy;
- Meticulous attention to detail with ability to identify and prioritise strong sales
Hours of work & Annual leave
- Monday to Friday 08:30 to 17:00
- Half an hour unpaid lunch break
- 25 days holiday entitlement plus 6 bank and 2 public holidays
- Competitive market salary
If you wish to apply for this role please call the office on or email your CV to
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.