Venue Team Leader
To assist the Venue Manager to deliver events including banqueting/meetings for up to 400 people. Strongly focussed on Food & beverage but with knowledge of conferences. Working in Warwick Conferences newest venue The Slate.
Duties and responsibilities
- To manage the service of all food and drink to all areas as detailed on the daily function sheet
- To assist in ensuring a consistent approach to customer care is displayed by all team members at all times
- Act as a main point of contact at specified times of the day to ensure customer service and communication is maintained at all times
- Assist in the ordering of all departmental stock and in regular stocktaking
- Be responsible for improving and sustaining the performance of your employees through: identification of training required in relevant job skills, coaching when appropriate, giving regular feedback
- Assist in setting up meeting rooms for the use of clients
- Maintain a safe working environment, reporting maintenance requests in a timely manner
- Any other reasonable management requests
Skills and experience
You will be a well presented, committed, customer focused person who is keen to make a difference, delight our customers and help develop the service levels of the department.
You will have experience of providing excellent customer service in a hotel, restaurant or university environment. Knowledge of food hygiene practices is also desirable but training will be given. Experience of working in conference and banqueting or similar environment is essential. Ideally you will have experience of delivering VIP standards of service.
You will be able to work well within a team as well as on your own and be able to work a variety of shifts including evenings and weekends.
The Slate, Warwick Conferences
This role is to end in December 2017.
5 over 7 days including weekends, 36.5 hours a week between 07:00-01:00.