6 days left
- Contract Type
GBP16,000 - GBP18,000 per annum + study package + pension
Accounts Assistant required for an established firm of Chartered Accountants in Oswestry. The role will involve preparing draft accounts for Sole Traders, Partnerships and Limited Companies for submission to HM revenue and Customs/ Companies House as well as assisting with the preparation of tax returns, auditing and VAT returns. This will suit an individual with a track record ofexperience within an accounts environment. An AAT qualification would be an advantage but not essential as a study package is available.
Preparing draft accounts (manually and using internal computer Software) from complete and incomplete records for Sole Traders, Partnerships and Limited Companies to include:
- Bank and Cash Control Accounts and Reconciliations
- Analysis of Income and Expenditure into appropriate headings
- Schedules of Debtors and Creditors
- Other Control accounts such as Sales and Purchase Ledger, HP etc
- Calculation of VAT and VAT Control Accounts
- Calculation of depreciation
- Processing Tax Returns on Personal tax / Sol 6 software
- Assist in carrying out Audits, following the company's audit programme
- Processing Value Added Tax Returns
- Preparing draft Tax Computations
- Assisting in collecting debts
- Dealing with client queries
- Dealing with queries from H M Revenue & Customs
- Booking In Clients Records and updating clients Job on Booking In list
- Visiting Client Premises re Accounts preparation and auditing
- Covering reception and telephone answering as required
- Covering other offices when required
- General Office duties
- Personal Time Recording on Computer
The successfully appointed Accounts Assistant will have the following skills and experience:
- A track record of experience with a firm of Accountants
- Ability to prepare accounts to trial balance
- Demonstrable experience with Sales ledger, purchase ledger, VAT returns, tax returns
- The ability to work accurately to meet tight deadlines
- The ability to work responsibly and take ownership for the function
- A confident and professional telephone manner
- An AAT qualification is an advantage but not essential as a study package is available
Our client is an established firm of Chartered Accountants who have a wealth of experience as well as a friendly, proactive and professional team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to grow your skills in an accounts environment and gain a professional accountancy qualification.
- Salary GBP16,000 - GBP18,000 per annum
- Hours of work Monday - Friday 8.30am - 5pm
- Study package
- The opportunity to work with a skilled and friendly team
This vacancy is advertised by Travail Employment Group who are acting as an Employment Agency.
Once you click to apply for this job your application will be immediately received by Travail Employment Group. If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 7 days. If you do not hear within the next 7 days you have not been successful on this occasion and unless otherwise advised, Travail will keep your details on file and contact you with future relevant opportunities.