Desktop Support Administrator
Position: Desktop Support Administrator
Location: Stoke, Staffordshire
Salary: GBP25,000 - GBP27,000 (Dependent on Experience)
Our client designs, manufactures and markets security and inspection systems worldwide.
Their products are used to inspect baggage, cargo, people, vehicles and other objects for weapons, explosives, drugs and other contraband.
Their security and inspection devices can be found in a wide range of locations such as, airports, border crossings, railway stations, sea ports and terminals, government and military installations and nuclear facilities.
The Desktop Support Administrator Role:
The Desktop Support Administrator will provide effective IT desktop support to all European Sites.
This position is based in Stoke, however travel to other UK and European sites will be required.
Key Responsibilities of the Desktop Support Administrator:
- Configure, maintain and provide Desktop support to all users to ensure they have the ability to work at all times
- Provide support for all applications running on servers and desktops and all hardware associated with the applications
- Actively participate in team discussions
- Help develop IT solutions to meet the business objectives
- Create and maintain documentation on the all IT systems
- Desktop support experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows XP, 7 and 8
- Competent knowledge of Microsoft Office 2003+ above
- Experience in writing work instructions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Capable of working with minimum supervision
- Knowledge of Backup Exec andor Comm Vault back up software
- Networking experience (for desktop troubleshooting)
Skills & Experience Required:
- MCP, MCSA or MCSE qualification preferred
- Desktop support in a multi-user environment
- Ability to be a self-starter and finisher
- Knowledge of BlackBerrys / Android handsets
- Possess a positive attitude
- Previous experience in a customer support role
- Highly motivated
- Full Clean UK Driving License
- Working understanding of Lotus Notes preferred but not vital (Version 8 and above)
So what are you waiting for? If you are interested in this Desktop Support Administrator position, simply apply via the button shown.
Candidates that do not receive a response within 21 days should assume that their application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Keywords: Desktop Support, Helpdesk, Servers, IT, Windows, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, Android, Lotus Notes, 2nd Line, 3rd Line, Stoke, Staffordshire
This vacancy is being advertised by Net-Recruit.