Data Protection and Compliance Officer
I am currently recruiting for a Data Protection and Compliance officer on behalf of a reputable organisation based just outside of Coventry.
My client were founded over 80 years ago and have established themselves as a leading brand within their industry, not just in the UK but across the globe.
This vacancy is for a Data Protection and Compliance Officer, who will work cloesely with the Compliance Manager to provide day-to-day support and guidance to the Business worldwide on all aspects of Data Protection and Data Governance.
The successful candidate will also work closely with the other members of the Compliance team, covering both Information Security and Software Asset Management.
- Support policies, processes, practices and procedures.
- Be invovled in the monitoring of compliance across all areas of the business.
- Be invovled in the review of controls and policies around all aspects of compliance.
- Play a part in ensuring the company is prepared for changes to the Data Protection legislation (GDPR)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good understanding and working knowledge of the proposed GDPR
- An ability to understand technical details and communicate the essentials at a high level
- Educated to degree level in Information Governance or related study, or with relevant experience in a related role.
- Ideally certified in either Data Protection [e.g. PCdp.], or Data Governance [e.g. CIP] (or both)
- An understanding of Information Security with experience of Audit
If this opportunity is of interest, please apply with your latest CV and I shall be in touch!
Premier are acting as an employment agency