Regional Project Manager - Midlands
We are currently recruiting for a Regional Project Manager to work with an allocated portfolio of projects effectively covering the Midlands region. Our client's activities are centred on mining subsidence and public safety with immediate and direct intervention to ensure a robust and practical engineering solution is delivered. Your aim is to manage in a safe, economic, efficient and effective manner Projects within the 'general claims' programme of hazards, enquiries and subsidence projects.
Regional Project Manager's Specific duties
* To ensure that your portfolio of projects is adequately progressed and resourced, and that your stakeholders are effectively managed.
* To implement project plans and priorities.
* To ensure adequate investigations are carried out to determine the Authority's liability.
* To ensure that all projects and fieldworks are economically, efficiently and effectively managed and all statutory obligations are discharged;
* To act from time to time as Designer for the purposes of the CDM 2007 or subsequent regulations.
* To supervise contractors and consultants undertaking research, investigations and remediation.
* To undertake field related tasks as required which may include the inspections of tips, properties, liability sites, undertaking monitoring and sampling.
* To compile evidence and submissions in respect of any claims that may be referred to arbitration/lands tribunal.
* To act as a public interface, representing the Authority and dealing with live enquiries from members of the public, and other relevant parties
* To be part of response team to deal with calls to the Authority's emergency hazard line
You must be able to demonstrate and give examples of the following:
* Seeing the bigger picture
* Changing and improving
* Making effective decisions
* Leading and communicating
* Collaborating and partnering
* Building capability for all
* Achieving commercial outcomes
* Delivering good value for money
* Managing a quality service
* Delivering at pace
* Experience of dealing with contractors, members of the public and public figures
* Experience of managing conditions of contract - NEC highly desirable
* Experience in the Project Management of the development and build of civil engineering projects
* Project Management
* Negotiation skills
* Supervisory skills
* Interpersonal skills
* Financial monitoring and control
* Valid Driving licence
Degree or equivalent together with corporate membership of professional body (Surveying, Civil, Mining Engineering or appropriate discipline)
Some previous technical experience with a mining, surveying or civil engineering background.
Experience of managing contractors
Ability to undertake travelling to hazard/subsidence cases
Good organisational skills
Experience of Microsoft office
Ability to prioritise tasks and use initiative
Flexibility in working hours
Over 20% pension contribution
Performance related bonus
* Annual leave of 27.5 days per year, plus 6 extra days accrued via flexitime, plus 8 Bank Holidays
* Payment of one annual professional subscription
* Flexitime Scheme and occasional home working (usually around 1 day per week)
* Support for continuous professional development (we have put people through Masters, MBA's, PHD's, Chartered qualifications etc. dependent on relevance and need for the role)
* Annual medical
* Access to the Civil Service Sports Council (employee contributes)
* Access to Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 helpline, counselling support
* Westfield Healthcare - Insurance and cash plan (employee contributes)
* Access to a fleet of pool cars
* Free on-site parking
* £15 per month towards gym membership of your choice
For more Information please contact Ian Martin 0113 457 0079