Process Engineering Manager
Process Engineering Manager,
Are you an experienced Engineering Manager with a Food Manufacturing background? Do you have proven management experience of large Engineering teams? Have you been directly responsible for a 24/7 Production facility?
I am currently recruiting for a Process Engineering Manager within the Operations team for my West Midlands based client. The role will involve developing and delivering world class standards in Engineering through the factory, designing and implementing a strategy and roadmap. The successful Process Engineering Manager will be responsible for all day to day Process departments and delivering a safe and efficient service in order to satisfy our customers' requirements supporting a large Engineering team and covering 24/7 activity. The Process Engineering Manager will also provide technical a high level of Technical Expertise and bring with them extensive experience within a fast paced manufacturing environment.
As Process Engineering Manager you will be required to have a good deal of knowledge of modern automated manufacturing equipment.
Process Engineering Manager key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
* To ensure all equipment is optimised to deliver the most efficient output in regard to quality and cost effectiveness.
* To develop and train all of the Engineering Process plant team in order to achieve and maintain a high performing team.
* To drive a culture mind set of continuous improvement.
* To encourage best practice activities across the site by working in alignment with process engineering.
* To develop and implement clear and effective PM's and schedules.
* To govern performance against KPI's and benchmark world class performance.
* Use data to identify, prioritise and drive Continuous Improvement activity.
* Training and development of people including coaching/mentoring, producing personal development plans and ensuring succession planning is developed and delivered.
* Providing disciplinary/grievance/absence management support at a high level.
* Actively lead within the management team being a strong player within DRM process and being actioned focused.
* Responsible for the Safety and reliability of all Yogurt Process/Fruit/Butter plant and equipment at the site, including statutory compliance and actions.
* Responsible for delivering safety improvements identified audits and other processes.
* Recognise where the use of internal/external experts are required to fulfil Health & Safety duties.
* Lead investigation of any Accident & Near Misses.
* Deliver a value for money engineering service within budgetary control.
* Development of new initiatives to improve cost base.
* Energy focused to optimise annual targets and develop related initiatives.
* Focusing on using best business practice to improve efficiency, by reducing operating costs whilst increasing productivity.
* Deliver prescribed maintenance within the agreed windows.
* Drive hygienic maintenance to ensure equipment is handed back to operations in the required condition.
* Delivery of the required standards in relation to Engineering GMP.
* Developing world class standards in relation to maintenance control, hygiene, tool box control, workshops, and satellite stores.
* Through PM maintaining assets that will deliver quality standards in relation to finished product.
* Deliver basic process training to ensure technicians understand the impact of their work on the finished product.
Key skills & experience:
* Degree in engineering desirable.
* Relevant knowledge and experience in a similar FMCG role.
* Food manufacturing experience (or electronics or automotive backgrounds) with knowledge in the areas of Filling technology, Valves, heat exchangers, Short interval control, Preventative and planned maintenance scheduling Automation.
* Demonstrable knowledge of complex fast moving clean environments (24/7- short life products).
* Experience in both general engineering maintenance and project management environments.
* Experience in developing and implementing continuous improvement programmes.
* Lean manufacturing experience.
* Evidence of leading culture change in an engineering function, including changes in organisation design and working practices.
* Strong technical bias and has experience in standardising processes and practices.
* Experience of budget control.
* NEBOSH qualification.