Purpose of Role
The role holder will be responsible for ensuring that work is completed safely, on time, to budget, and to the required quality. Pro-actively delivering and wherever possible exceeding, the agreed objectives of both Carillion and the Client by leading a project team in the planning, development, monitoring and delivery of an integrated design, procurement and construction programme.Principal Accountabilities
- Ensure that the client fully understands the skills that they are procuring by taking a lead role in the Work Winning effort that will secure the contract
- Ensure that the project is delivered as agreed with the client by effectively overseeing all issues around risks, contracts and communications
- In line with Carillion’s Values and Sustainability agenda, to determine and deliver the appropriate quality and style for the project(s), and thus ensure that the reputation of the Business Unit is enhanced with the local community, delivery partners and, most of all, the client
- To have overall responsibility to ensure that everyone on site, including his/her team, are working in accord with Carillion’s ‘Target Zero’ Health & Safety Strategy To ensure that all procurement items are identified and adequately placed with the procurement department to enable the contract programme to be carried out.
- To take the lead in ensuring the effective management of performance, training and budgets, to ensure that the project is cash-positive, well co-ordinated and runs in accord with the agreed contract programme