Business Development Executive - Electronic components
Business Development Executive
Covering North England-West Midlands, Manchester, Nottingham, W Yorkshire
Salary £40,000k + Annual Bonus, Car, Laptop + Phone
Our client is a value added distributor (Fujitsu, 3M, and Protek) who supply electronic components such as Connectors, displays, capacitors, relays, fans, power semiconductors and printersto a wide variety of Customers operating in the various markets.They are now looking to recruit an experienced Business Development Executive to help sustain its contiued growth.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A good knowledge of the marketplace including telecom, EDP, medical, industrial, defence, transportation, POS, instrumentation
- Knowledge and understanding of products, applications and potential customers Connectors, displays, touch screens, capacitors, relays, fans, power semiconductors and printers
- A technical or other suitable qualification - preferably to a minimum of HNC/HND level.
- A minimum two years of direct selling.
- Familiarity with the above products and its marketplace including customers and competitors.
- Commercial awareness of factors affecting profitability of a Company.
- An outgoing and presentable manner when communicating with customers, suppliers and colleagues even when under pressure.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision.
- Ambition to succeed.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The generation of new customer prospects and account managing those prospects from the start of the sales cycle through to the post-sales operations.
- To generate and develop orders as agreed by the Company per annum at margins defined by the Company over an agreed period of time.
- To look after assigned and existing customers/accounts and to develop and increase these accounts accordingly.
- In conjunction with the Sales team, identifying and developing new opportunities within both existing and new customers.
- Interacting as required to both maintain and develop Supplier and Product business
- To undertake special projects as required.
- To undertake other tasks which may be required by the Company.