Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Depends on Experience
Job Purpose: Complete all required CAD duties to support Release Engineers. Main role is component design including progression through to part drawings.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Advanced CAD surfacing and solid for component and system design in NX.
- Produce engineering sections and concept CAD models to support design theme and vehicle hard-point development.
- Complete clearance checks to ensure compatibility of components with interfacing systems and design surfaces.
- Prepare detail drawings & models in support of the Release process.
- Contribute effectively to team technical discussions to ensure that the Component Engineers understand the effects of design changes.
- Manage CAD product structure and coordinate all data import / export to/from suppliers
- Keep abreast of technical developments within the industry.
- Investigate concerns from component testing, and vehicle builds to establish root cause and design permanent corrective actions.
- Work with Manufacturing and Service to minimise assembly and service times
- Participate in Failure Mode Avoidance activities including DFMEA and physical testing on bucks, rigs and prototype vehicles.
- Engineering Degree in appropriate discipline.
- 5 years minimum experience within an automotive or automotive components supplier group.
Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum 3 year full time working in NX.
- Fully capable with 2D drafting and good knowledge of GD&T
- Good working knowledge of VIS Mockup and Team Centre.
- Strong time management, accuracy, diligence, ability to balance and prioritise multiple tasks to meet customer needs