Assistant Works Engineer
Bodycote operate an international network of facilities serving a wide range of industries including, aerospace, defence, automotive, power generation, oil and gas, construction, machine building medical and transportation. Bodycote is the world’s largest and most respected provider of thermal processing services and a vital link in the manufacturing supply chain.
Bodycote has over 5,700 people globally, in 26 countries spread over 190 locations. We recognise that the success of our business depends upon the skills, commitment and loyalty of our people. We strive to offer a working environment where these attributes are rewarded and valued.
We are looking to recruit an Assistant Works Engineer to provide support to the engineering function of the business.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Hands on maintenance of Vacuum and Air furnaces, including mechanical and electrical repairs.
- Report to the senior engineer on site.
- Based at one site
- Very rarely, may be required to attend any of the UK sites to aid the site based engineers in major reactive tasks.
- Assist the senior engineer with projects which could include upgrades and new installations.
- Comply with Bodycote Health and Safety procedures.
- Communicate clearly with Site managers and stakeholders.
- React if there is a problem during breaks & lunch (reschedule break/lunch).
- Stay after normal hours if contractors are working on site or there is a problem.
- Work some weekends to minimise downtime.
- Drive to reduce unplanned maintenance.
- Ensure contractors comply with Bodycote procedures and maintain high levels of safety.
- Maintain, Innovate and improve equipment to reduce unplanned maintenance and maintain high levels of customer service.
If you can demonstrate you have the above requirements then why not apply for this great opportunity and develop your careerat Bodycote. The closing date for applications is 19th September 2017
Please Note - If you have not heard from us within two weeks your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we will keep your CV on file and should anything come up that matches your experience we will contact you. Good luck in your job search.