Senior Purchase Ledger Clerk
Astute Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Senior Purchase Ledger Clerk for a company based in Burton on Trent for a period of 2 months.
Applicants must be AAT Qualified with a minimum of 3 years’ experience of working within a finance environment and have assisted with the closure of the accounts payable Month End.
- Process purchase invoices
- Responsible for the timely management of Accounts Payable transactions in a proactive manner to ensure supplier accounts are accurate and up to date
- Checking / correcting the coding of invoices to ensure accurate allocation of costs
- Liaise with suppliers and internal personnel to discuss solutions to prevent further issues arising
- Review and reconcile Supplier statements
- Checking payment runs
- Close monitoring of unmatched receipt and unmatched invoices levels, with follow up action to ensure invoices are cleared for payment in a timely manner
- Assist with the closure of Accounts Payable Month End ensuring all reporting is completed, valid and correct ready for month end close
- Preparation of month end closedown reports and commentary as required
- Assisting with month end, specifically completing GRNI provision and reconciliation of Aged Creditors to Balance Sheet
- Ensure that all processes are in line with company procedures
In return the company are offering a salary £18,000 - £20,000 depending on experience, normal hours of work are 9:00 - 5:00pm with 1-hour lunch, free parking and 25 days holiday a year plus bank holidays.
Please submit your CV for immediate consideration