Regional Operations Manager - Same Day Central Support
The Same Day business specialises in providing bespoke solutions to key customers and SME`s across the UK. As a Regional Operations Manager - Same Day you will play a vital role in supporting the Same Day strategy to drive revenue and EBIT growth across a very diverse customer portfolio.
Reporting to the National Same Day Manager, your role will provide full support to the Same Day Operations and Express Sales teams to design and execute effective and efficient operational solutions that ensure that our customer`s contractual requirements are met and business results are achieved.
A key requirement of the role will be to grow contribution through strategic operational planning, effective supplier engagement and continuous management of cost performance whilst ensuring full governance and compliance with regulatory requirements and all relevant TNT policies and procedures.
You will initiate and build strategic relationships internally and externally and draw upon your skills and knowledge to lead, motivate and inspire an Operations team.
Other responsibilities will also include:
- Direct management and accountability for operational performance including managing operational costs and identifying and implementing all available cost efficiency opportunities
- Managing a team of Team Leaders and Operators
- Managing in conjunction with the Team Leaders, the end-to-end supplier engagement process ensuring full compliance to Terms and Conditions.
- Ensuring that our service quality provided meets and exceeds the expectations of our customers whilst maintaining the most efficient and cost effective utilisation of resources.
- Working with Storage, Fashion and Solutions, Express Senior Management and other stakeholders to identify and develop potential new projects..
- Monitoring on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis location key performance indicators and taking corrective actions when targets are not achieved.
- Attending monthly performance reviews with the National Same Day Manager to identify areas for improvement and agree action plans accordingly.
- Attending face to face customer meetings as required to support the growth of the Same Day business
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Working knowledge of the Same Day operation
- An understanding of the Same Day strategic direction
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- Proven track record of personal development
- Experience of managing suppliers (companies and sole traders)
- Strong knowledge of TNT operational processes and systems
- Ability to communicate at all levels across the TNT business
- Proven problem solving skills
- Ability to build relationships and influence operational change and service improvement