MPI have a requirement for a Vehicle Fitter to work in Walsall, West Midlands.
To start as soon as possible for approx. 13 weeks as contract with the possibility of becoming permanent for the right candidate.
This is to work in the Plating department.
Rate of pay is negotiable dependant on experience £11.00-£13.00 per hour PAYE.
Applicants must have their own tools
Role is subject to security Clearance.
Auto Fitter As a Babcock Vehicle Engineering fitter you would be able to strip and rebuild the majority of motor vehicles.
Ideally you will need good practical skills.
You will also need to a basic understanding of mechanical knowledge, and have experience in stripping and refitting of vehicles.
• Vehicle Preparation and fitting of OE vehicle parts, both interior and exterior
• Repair of crash damaged vehicles, bolt on parts only
• Stripping and refitting of entire vehicle interior
• Fault finding and rectification work Essential Requirements
• Previous experience of repair and maintenance of motor vehicles
• Fault finding and rectification work
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Ability to strip and reassemble vehicles down to bare shell and drive train.
• An excellent work ethic
• A knowledge of vehicle electrical systems would be advantageous
• Positive "can-do" approach
• Good communication skills
• Able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
• Flexible attitude towards over time
• Good attention to detail and high quality standards
• Ability to think logically and work accurately
40 hours basic worked between Monday to Thursday 8am - 5pm Friday 8am - 2pm Overtime available Bonus available Pension scheme available
Health & Safety Responsibility It is the responsibility of all Babcock Vehicle Engineering employees to ensure that all operations under their control and within their authority are conducted in accordance with health and safety at work act or other relevant legislation and company health and safety policy.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their sex; religious or similar philosophical belief; political opinion; race; age; sexual orientation; or, whether they are married or are in a civil partnership; or, whether they are disabled; or whether they have undergone, are undergoing or intend to undergo gender reassignment
If we do progress your application with Babcock Vehicle Engineering you will have to go through a security clearance check