Lost & Found Recruitment are currently working with a large Secondary school located in Birmingham.
The school are currently seeking a Biology Teacher to start in September 2017 for the whole of the academic year.
The successful applicant for this post will be expected to:
- To teach GCSE and A Level Biology
- To ensure that all lessons are planned with clear aims and learning objectives.
- To ensure that all lessons are delivered in line with the departmental schemes of work and school policies.
- To take into account the differing ability lessons of students and differentiate work accordingly.
- To take into account and be sensitive to the language and cultural challenges students may face.
- To encourage all students to become independent learners and be actively engaged in their own learning.
- To ensure that all students are known by name and that the classroom atmosphere is positive at all times.
- To check that all subject matter is effectively communicated and understood by all groups of students.
- To keep careful records of student progress in line with departmental and school policy.
- To ensure that there is a high standard of display work in the classroom, which is changed frequently.
- To supervise the students' laboratory work and guide them during experiments.
- To keep work areas tidy and well organised.
- To collect samples, set up scientific apparatus, and do calculations
- To attend meetings in the Academic Department.
- To make a positive contribution to the efficient running of the Department, including setting and marking examinations, attending departmental meetings, and undertaking administrative and other tasks as delegated by the Director of Academic Programmes.
- To enhance the quality of teaching and learning in the Academic Department and through sharing resources and good practice, lesson observation, and collaborative teaching.
- To safeguard and promote the welfare of students.
- To support the school’s aims and objectives for teaching and learning.
Lost & Fopund Recruitment is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- excellent academic qualifications (preferably with QTS status) and subject knowledge
- be adept at producing and sharing teaching resources;
- be capable of delivering dynamic and effective lessons to the full age and ability range of students
- be an innovative classroom teacher capable of helping to develop a syllabus that brings Biology to life for our students
- have highly effective communication skills for dealing with international students
To apply for this role contact Lost & Found Recruitment today.