Lost & Found Recruitment are currently working with a small Primary School located in North Birmingham.
The school are seeking a teaching assistant for KS1 from September 2017
The role and responsibilities for this position includes
- To be responsible for the education and welfare of the children under your care in accordance with the schools corporate responsibility for the discipline, well-being, pastoral care and a culture of safeguarding.
- It is the responsibility of all staff to be able to source, understand and apply all school policies appertaining to their particular position, including the Staff Code of Conduct.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of all areas covered in the Staff Handbook.
- Working with the pupils either individually or in small groups under the direction of the class teacher to ensure a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care.
- Preparing equipment and resources for the classroom.
- Undertaking duties which create high standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
- Working pro-actively with all other members of staff to ensure the care and safety of all children.
- Supervising children at break times and during aftercare.
- Assisting at school events and during class outings.
- Being fully involved in the delivery of and having a total awareness of the appropriate curriculum.
- Although this is the prime responsibility of the class teacher, the assistant must aware of each child’s background so that one is able to discuss knowledgeably any concerns with that child’s parents.
- Covering staff in lessons and offering mutual support throughout the pre-prep.
- Attending staff meetings as necessary.
- Dealing with stock orders - unpacking and checking. Checking existing stock to ensure efficient re-ordering.
- Making a full and pro-active contribution to display work.
To apply for this role you must hold at least an NVQ Level 3 and have at least 12 months experience.