Brand Manager 9month FTC - Marketing, Burton Upon Trent
To drive the planning, organising and delivery of integrated brand sales and marketing plans that support Operations to maximise profit and grow market share in the sector. The Brand Manager will be expected to scope, design, deliver and evaluate a medium term plan with the goal of creating and delivering compelling restaurants and ensuring projects are fully evaluated.
- Responsible for the ongoing development of the brand to deliver best in market trading performance and a competitive offer that delivers growth expectation.
- To propose, scope, design, deliver and evaluate menu development, key events, trials, tactical promotion activities and all communication plans from the annual brand plan.
- To evaluate and analyse all projects / promotions. Deliver key learning’s and recommendations by using performance, category and analysis reporting.
- Brief and engage internal PR and communication for the brand.
- To ensure that all key stakeholders and relevant departments are engaged and energised around the activity plan and co-ordinate briefs to support functions e.g. Pricing and Drinks teams.
- Monitor brand performance against marketing/sales/brand KPIs and profit targets.
- Monitor and report upon brand development and promotion activity.
- Effective use of trials and activity benefit to inform future plans.
- Responsible for planning, co-ordinating and executing launch plans and onward marketing activity plans for new sites
- Working with local teams on delivery of launch plans
- Monitoring, measuring and evaluating launch plans, creating a best practice model for future roll out / launches.
- Understand the Guest, their behaviour and key market trends, using the insight to influence key decisions on brand development.
- Ensure all marketing communications adhere to brand guidelines.
- Wide ranging understanding of all brands as flexibility will be required to support other brand colleagues from time to time.
- Thorough understanding of competitor context and wider market place.
Working with Agencies:
- Develop compelling and relevant communication strategies in conjunction with agencies to deliver a compelling offer that delivers growth and profit targets.
- Monitor and manage the implementation plan, timings and project budgets.
- Internal PR and communication for the brand.
- Monitor agency performance, manage agencies against agreed rate card and benchmark against others.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- To own and be accountable for specific projects within your sector.
- To deliver all projects according to the timeline and within budget.
- Key stakeholder engagement and communications.
- To evaluate all projects completed to demonstrate business benefit (including specific category performance).
- Internal PR of Brand specific POS.
Key experience, skills and competency requirements
- Strong Brand/Marketing knowledge and experience, ideally gained within a B2C environment.
- CIM qualified – preferable although not essential.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Data rational with an excellent understanding of financial reporting and sales information and measuring the ROI for campaigns and initiatives.
- Commercial Acumen – Ability to identify and raise issues that may have an adverse effect on the company. Logical approach to solving problems. Demonstrates an awareness of the wider business issues when making decisions.
- Right First Time Delivery – Is highly resilient and works with pace, attention to detail, focus and optimism, to overcome obstacles and deliver against the plan.
- Integrated Working – Collaborates effectively across and outside the business with stakeholders to achieve swift and co-ordinated delivery of results.
- Team Player – Demonstrates commitment to the team at all times. Listens to team members, actively contributes and shows commitment to building relationships within the team and also the wider business.
- Communication skills – Communicates and presents clearly and with confidence to gain commitment and support.
- Planning & Monitoring – Creates accurate plans and monitors these highlighting any areas of concern. Prioritises work in a clear and methodical manner.
- Flexibility – shows resilience and calmness and is able to deal with a range of accountabilities at any one time.
- People management skills – engages individuals and has a style of operation that delivers excellent results through people.
- Guest Centric - acts as a real guest champion focusing on putting the guest at the heart of everything we do.
- Driven to deliver performance targets and successful outcomes.
- Strategic thinking ability.
- Self-aware and keen to develop.
- Passionate and proactive.
Location: Burton upon Trent, UKReference Code 965682