Senior HR Advisor
Our client is a dynamic, well established and continually expanding independent Financial Services organisation based in the Wolverhampton area. An excellent opportunity has arisen in the HR Department for a senior HR Advisor to provide a source of expertise across the full range of HR activities.
The Senior HR Advisor will report directly to the HR Manager and will act as the first point of contact in the department, providing professional advice, coaching and support on all HR activities, including:
- Recruitment and Selection
- Disciplinary and Grievance
- Performance management
- Organisational change initiatives
- Employee relations at all levels, including escalated and complex employee relations issues.
- Responsibility for payroll management, providing support with policy development, maintenance and associated training
- KPI and HR metric collation and reporting and supporting HR projects as required
The role will be responsible for the day to day processes within the HR department including employees and operational risks within the HR Administration team, ensuring DPA and statutory retention guidelines compliance and priorities are fulfilled.
Ideally you will have previous experience working as a Senior HR Advisor in a similar environment. You will be able to demonstrate experience of dealing with complex employee relations issues, of supporting organisational change initiatives, of payroll management and experience and knowledge of developing and maintaining HR policies and providing training on such.
The ability to manage, coach, develop and implement performance objectives for a team to achieve results is a further key requirement of the position
Key skills required include:
- CIPD qualified or have significant vocational experience in a similar role
- Payroll Management
- HR Development, Complex employee relations
- Up-to-date employment law knowledge and the ability to transfer employment law into practice
- Excellent organisational and presentation skills
- Sound decision making skills
- Good IT skills in use of Microsoft Outlook/Word/Excel/relational databases
- Ability to prioritise tasks, manage time effectively and meet strict deadlines
- Flexible approach to helping deliver team workloads and managing conflicting priorities
- Confident with dealing with employees at all levels and third party companies
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent attention to detail and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to deal with confidential issues in a professional manner with tact, diplomacy and resilience
The position attracts a competitive salary and excellent benefits package, including 25 days holiday, healthcare, non-contributory cover for Life Assurance, Company performance related Bonus.
Due to the nature of this position, a credit check and Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check may be required. Additionally, the successful candidate's details will be checked with/against fraud prevention databases.
Please apply for the opportunity of early interview. We are only able to contact shortlisted candidates, thank you for your interest.