Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Depends on Experience
Job Purpose:Modelling of Chassis Systems
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Support the establishment of K & C targets for all AML suspension systems.
- Help develop hard points for suspension systems and steering systems.
- Develop bush rates to enable vehicle to meet compliance targets.
- Maintain vehicle models with representative component masses & inertias.
- Determine ARB/spring stiffness’s to achieve handling balance and ride frequencies.
- Complete ride, handling, steering, and braking tests on ADAMS and study the effects of kinematics and compliance under various load conditions.
- Update models with component stiffness figures as they become available.
- Plot results on a standard format for consistency to support progress evaluations.
- Develop and maintain ADAMS Driveline models for dynamic manoeuvres.
- Help investigate vehicle dynamics issues arising during development using simulation models.
- Suggest improvements and use measured vehicle data to update models.
- Engineering Degree in appropriate discipline
- ADAMS CAR training courses completed
- 4 years minimum experience as a simulation Engineer within the automotive industry.
- 3 year experience of ADAMS simulation tools which must include ADAMS CAR.
- Proven capability of studying and understanding K&C data and correlating it with models.
- Co-Simulation integration of active damping and SCS controllers into models.
- Experience of EPS software tuning
- Tyre modelling
Skills & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of Altair Hyperworks including Hypergraph.
- Working knowledge of Matlab would be useful.
- Rig test environment experience