Part Time Sales Ledger Clerk
Our client based in Coventry is looking for a permanent Sales Ledger Clerk on a part time basis.
My client is a global leader in the design and manufacture of a wide range of specialty heat exchangers and heat transfer solutions.
1. Generate and process invoices and credit notes to ensure effective credit control and cash management.
2. Generate invoices and credit notes in accordance with standard procedures to ensure effective cash and credit control.
3. Prepare sales ledger reconciliations to ensure that transactions are accurately processed and recorded.
4. Prepare and analyse records of invoices and credit notes to assist in financial and management accountancy.
5. Record all transactions to ensure that up-to-date and accurate records are maintained.
6. Deal with customer and supplier invoice queries in a sensitive and efficient manner.
7. Ensure that the sales ledger function provides a high quality service to internal and external stakeholders `
8. Liaise with customers as required to minimise the occurrence of problem debt
9. Liaise with other colleagues to ensure that anomalies are investigated/queries dealt within a timely manner
10. To contribute to the achievement of the finance teams objectives.
11. Participate in the continuous improvement where appropriate in the finance teams administration, processes and performance.
1. Proven ability in using Finance software preferably Pegasus Opera
2. Proven experience of working in a high volume sales ledger / accounts receivable environment.
3. Recognised bookkeeping, credit control or customer services qualification
4. Proven collections / credit control experience
5. Effective verbal and written communication skills
6. High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
7. Ability to work in team oriented environment.
8. Ability to work independently in a time sensitive environment.
9. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
10. Ability to prioritise and organise workload, multi-task, adapt quickly to change, and deliver under the pressure of deadlines.
11. Excellent time management skills and must be detail oriented.
Previous accounts/sales ledger experience is essential.
Previous experience within the Engineering / Manufacturing sector would be ideal but not essential.