Working as part of the busy credit control team, the majority of your time will be making outbound contact with customers that have outstanding balances or have fallen into arrears.
In addition to being confident in your knowledge of best practice debt collection processes, you will have a track record of delivering high-volume outbound contacts in order to collect cash across multiple debt ledgers. It would also be ideal if you have experience of acting as a point of escalation for difficult contacts.
You'll also be able to produce excellent internal and external communications, and be great at developing relationships with colleagues and customers.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Inbound & outbound collections calls generated from customer contact or queries
- Negotiating and processing payment arrangements.
- Processing payments from customers with outstanding balances.
- Sending 'Letter Before Action' debt recovery letters.
- Handling customer queries & disputes via telephone, email and written letters
- Liaising with, and supporting internal departments in resolving queries that may be preventing cash collection, such as the re-billing of accounts.
- Liaising with in-house legal counsel team.
- Ad-hoc support of the inbound customer service team.
Reporting to: Credit Control Manager
Salary: Up to £18,000, dependant on experience.
Commission: based on collection targets
Working Hours: 40 per week, Monday - Friday. Latest shift finishing at 19.00 in peak periods.
Holidays: 28 Days a year total including bank holidays, increasing yearly for every year of service.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: c£18,000 plus commission
- Debt Collection: 1 year