Part Qualified Accountant
Our client is a growing global services business based on the outskirts of Birmingham, with steady and proven growth over the last few years. Due to further forecasted business growth, they are now looking to appoint a new Assistant Accountant to help support the finance function. This will be a truly varied role with the successful candidate undertaking a wide range of duties through to month-end reporting and management accounting. Your main task will be to work closely with the Business Partners to make there job easier. This means that the more work you get used to, the more new work and duties you can assume responsibility for - perfect if you are looking for a role that can continuously develop and widen your experience.
In this Assistant Accountant position you will gain a unique sense of autonomy and independence, expected to take real accountability and prove that you are able to create, manage and prioritise your own workload regularly. Rather than be told your tasks on a daily basis, you are encouraged to generate your tasks - using your initiative to anticipate the needs of the business and arranging your workload accordingly.
Ideally, you will:
- Have good all-round experience in a similar accounts assistant / assistant accountant position and understand the importance of client service for the business, and how your input as Assistant Accountant can have an effect on this
- Be a proactive, self-managing, responsible and trustworthy worker who operates with demonstrable initiative
- Be able to demonstrate instances in which you have been able to improve processes and initiate projects to help improve business & general finance procedures
- Have great interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with a professional yet friendly and approachable communication style
In return, you will:
- Work for an emergent global, professional and ambitious business in a varied and developing role
- Gain hands-on experience in a wide role - helping you to improve and develop lots of aspects of your experience with the support and guidance of Business Partners
- Enjoy a role that will naturally grow, progress and develop the more you get used to it: you will always have new tasks and duties given to you to help you progress your experience and contribute in more ways to the successful running of this business
- Work in a friendly, open and approachable team-focused (and client-focused) environment
This is a truly unique opportunity for a positive, proactive, efficient and talented Assistant Accountant to enjoy a challenging and varied role that will help them develop their own experience, as well as contribute in a meaningful way to the business. If you like the look of this position and feel like this is for you, please apply.