Commerical Gas Engineer - Mobile
Meridian are working currently working with a client who has a permanent requirement for a mobile Commercial Gas Engineer to cover Derby and surrounding areas:
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out PPM, pro-active and reactive works issued through the helpdesk within set time frames so that the customer expectations are met
- Provide callout response for the client as detailed on the callout rota
- Undertake contractor control duties, including monitoring contractors and their workmanship, ensuring relevant standards are met
- Evaluate performance and ensure the proper servicing and maintenance of equipment is carried out
- Take a pro-active approach to client liaison and ensure that concerns are dealt with or relayed to management as necessary.
- Carry out all administration and ensure records are maintained accurately.
- Customer focused individual with proactive approach to working.
- Able to work safely at all times
- Solve issues in the first instance in a manner that will not put the client's products or people at risk of contamination
- Possess effective communication skills with ability to write technical reports and or communicate verbally with supervisor, manager, helpdesk and client representatives.
- Ability to use electronic hand held devices.
- Identify issues or risks that require escalation as necessary to Supervisor or manager
Qualifications and Experience
- All candidates must be registered with Gas Safe and hold relevant commercial and domestic qualifications
- NVQ or City & Guilds in the following; Gas/AC/Plumbing/Mechanical Services
- Previous experience working within Facilities Management is essential
- Full clean driving licence
This is a permanent opportunity for an experienced Gas Engineer to join a busy organisation. If you have the relevant skills, experience and qualifications please apply by return.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.