Head of PMO
Exciting Head of PMO Role! Occasional Travel to Plymouth, Preston and Glasgow. Flexible working!
About Capita | Capita Lending Services
We are Capita, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through bespoke, quality solutions, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
Capita Lending Services are part of Private Sector Partnerships a division of Capita plc, Lending Services collectively provides a comprehensive set of end to end capabilities and services across the debt management lifecycle encompassing mortgage origination, secured and unsecured servicing, arrears, debt collection, credit analytics & insight and enforcement & litigation. In addition to this we also have a significant and highly successful remediation services capability assisting many of the UK's leading companies in their financial redress initiatives.
The PMO is the information hub for projects and programmes within the Change team and involves tracking/reporting, assurance/quality control, information management, financial tracking, change control, support and knowledge management / learning from experience and change resource utilisation and planning.
What you will do:
Responsibilities for supporting the Programme Management Office Team include:
Governance & Control
- Implement governance standards across the portfolio, including tracking, monitoring and updating the status of programme deliverables
- Manage programme level Lessons Learned repository; attend Post Project Review meetings to identify key areas of improvement to be captured into the Lessons Learnt repository
- Manage the programme level risks and issues register
- Carry out assurance review processes as required
Planning, Reporting & Control
- Work with the Head of Change Delivery to develop Project Standards guide, seeking contributions from Project Managers, QA Team, etc. to ensure that the Standards meet best practice
- Build up a repository of project templates both technical and management to support the Project Managers - use examples from current and past projects to identify best practice
- Continue to evolve the processes and templates throughout the project lifecycle
- Implement project standards across all projects in the portfolio
- Update and administer the programme plan as required using reports from Project Managers and the outcomes of project and board level meetings and workshops
- Prepare consolidated material from project reports for monthly review
- Complete and distribute portfolio level reports.
- Manage the portfolio-level benefits register, ensuring that all benefits are planned, monitored and benefits realisation is tracked
- Support implementation of the quality strategy, including any processes and templates, across all projects
- Implement the change control process across all projects and portfolios.
PMO responsibilities when providing project support include:
- Supporting the definition of small/medium project Business Cases (scope, goals, deliverables, costs, timescales, plans, dependencies, resource requirements and milestones)
- Providing effective management support to project teams on small to medium sized projects, or assisting Project Managers on streams of other large projects
- Co-ordination of publication, review and sign-off of major Project Management deliverables
- Ensuring project plans are created and maintained, deliverables tracked against time and cost, and resource utilisation is monitored
Your experience will include:
- Tracking status of programme deliverables and milestones
- Supporting the adoption of the project lifecycle and deliverables
- Programme level risk and issue co-ordination
- Monitoring the status of projects transitioning into normal service
- Co-ordination of the regular project and programme level reporting cycles
- Co-ordination of project Governance arrangements
- Post Project Reviews and Programme level workshop assistance.
- Robust resource planning and utilisation management and reporting
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you23 day's holiday, pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share plan schemes, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.