Field Engineer - Certification Inspections
Region: Birmingham to Manchester.
Under limited supervision, independently executes the timely completion of assigned work orders and other Inspection Centre projects by analysing scope and determining requirements, evaluating complex product and systems to establish requirements and preparing reports. Maintains the integrity of the CE Mark by conducting various product, device, process, system and material inspections at various site and factory locations to ensure that they are produced and marked in compliance with various applicable technical requirements. Assists in the promotion, marketing and selling of new and existing services. Works with internal and external customers to resolve technical and administrative issues. Analyses, evaluates and, where necessary, proposes changes to Field Services policies, manuals and Follow-Up Services programmes. May participate in review and interpretation of quality assurance programmes.
- Independently performs safety and non-safety certification inspections and field evaluations.
- Interprets and analyses examination and test results against requirements, verifying the accuracy of manufacturers’ measuring equipment and reviewing production and inspection records.
- Communicates with manufacturers and customers, Authorities Having Jurisdiction and others to conduct non-safety and safety certification inspections.
- Provides technical assistance in several product categories and/or inspection methods.
- Uses instruments to perform inspections, such as micrometers, voltmeters, ammeters and other supplied equipment.
- Documents examination, variations and test results to appropriate forms.
- Participates in proposing changes to the Policy Manuals such as the Field Services Manual. Reviews and submits comments on the new Follow-Up Services programmes
- Resolves process, management system and possibly engineering issues associated with Variation Notices by analysing and reporting on the acceptability of the variations.
- Integrates continuous improvement concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job.
- May participate in reviewing the work of other staff.
- May participate in reviewing and interpreting quality assurance programme requirements to assist in implementation of alternate quality-based inspection programmes.
- Performs other duties as directed.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Ideally educated to university degree level in electrical/electronic engineer or with relevant industry experience gained in a technical or scientific environment.
- Relevant experience in quality assurance sector would be an advantage.
ENGINEER / ENGINEERING / FIELD ENGINEER / SERVICE ENGINEER / FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER / SCIENTIFIC / ELECTRICAL / ELECTRONIC / ELECTRO-MECHANICAL / ELECTRO-MEDICAL / ACTIVE DEVICES / SCIENCE / EQUIPMENT / LAB / LABORATORY / SERVICING / MAINTENANCE / QA / QUALITY ASSURANCE / TECHNICAL / QC / QUALITY CONTROL / CERTIFICATION / ASSURANCE / STANDARDS / ENGINEER / ENGINEERING / MANCHESTER / BIRMINGHAM / STAFFORD / STAFFORDSHIRE / DERBY / DERBYSHIRE / CHESHIRE / CHESTER / UK / UNITED KINGDOM / ENGLAND / NORTH WEST / WEST MIDLANDS /