Payroll Officer / PA
Payroll Officer / PA
Location: Lichfield, Staffordshire
Salary: Competitive, DOE.
Contract: Full time, 37.5 hours per week, 9:00 - 17:30 Monday to Friday.
About the role
The main purpose of the Payroll Officer / PA is to manage and produce two monthly payrolls, and to assist the Managing Director with any PA duties as and when required.
Key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- To manage and produce monthly payrolls to include processing all payroll calculations for new starters, leavers, and amendments, and balance the payroll against financial reports. Checking payroll against previous months payslips for any one-off amendments which have carried forward to the next pay period.
- Processing information relating to new starters into all appropriate systems / databases, and processing P45/P46 forms.
- Processing overtime payments and keep appropriate records of overtime justifications.
- Dealing with attachments to earnings and raising of cheques for payment of AOEs. Liaison with external bodies as required.
- To produce reports such as the payroll report, headcount report, general ledger and journal of cost centre changes,
- To produce applicable reports and attend a monthly payroll audit with the Financial Controller to audit all paperwork, changes and amendments.
- Production of P32 for tax and National Insurance purpose. Issue copies to the appropriate people for payment.
- Creating BACS file for Finance for monthly payments.
- Production and distribution of e-payslips (and any paper versions as required).
- Maintaining Sage with up to date versions and ordering stationery from Sage as required.
- To coordinate the long service awards scheme including production of associated letters.
- Coordination of the pension scheme including Inputting of pension amounts for Ee`s and Er`s and setting up new starters into the pension scheme. Advising pension administrators of any salary increases or new starters to salary sacrifice.
- Liaison with childcare voucher provider to include details of starters and leaves to the scheme and applicable changes.
- To process car mileage payments and maintain spreadsheets to record details.
- Checking and sign-off of applicable invoices.
PA Duties will include: Organising flights, accommodation, and taxis for the MD and/or Senior Management. Organising /making arrangements for the monthly board meetings or meetings with overseas visitors, including ordering of food and general maintenance of the meeting room. As above for HR inductions/meetings if required.
What we need from you
The ideal candidate will be educated in Maths and English (oral and written) to GCSE, Standard Grade or equivalent; grade A-C and be able to demonstrate highly competent computer skills in all areas of Microsoft office including Excel at an advanced level. A payroll or accounting qualification to intermediate level would be advantageous.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with Sage 50 accounting package and will have up to 3 years payroll experience in a stand-alone role with a medium size business. They will have experience of liaising with HMRC on behalf of the company and employees. Tenacious, hardworking and diligent they will have the ability to work to tight deadlines whilst still maintaining accuracy and attention to detail. Adaptable, reliable and self-motivated, they will also be able to remain diplomatic and work with all levels across the business. Working knowledge of pensions, company cars, taxable benefits and the apprentice levy regulations would also be advantageous. Salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
How to apply
If you think you have the relevant skills and experience to fulfil this role, please click `Apply` and submit your CV and a covering letter indicating your experience and what you feel you can bring to the role.
Successful applicants will be contacted to arrange interview.
If you do not hear back from us then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.
No agencies please.