Digital Marketing Manager
My client is a leading electrical and hardware retailer based in Birmingham with a sustained and energetic programme of growth over the last 10 years. The culture is entrepreneurial and fast paced, with their people at the heart of everything they do.
As the business grows, so too does the demand to ensure we provide the very best online customer experience. An exciting opportunity has arisen as we continue to expand and develop, for an E-commerce Traffic Lead.
The E-commerce Traffic lead's primary responsibility will be to drive traffic to our portfolio of websites. The role will also be responsible for ensuring the traffic driven to the sites is cost effective and targeted enough to maintain strong conversion rates.
Reporting in to the Head of E-commerce, the E-commerce Traffic Lead will have 3 or more years' experience working in an E-commerce/Digital Marketing Environment (agency or client side).
The day-to-day tasks of the role will include:
- Content writing for all our websites, which will require deep immersion and understanding of the product range and ability to inform, engage and convert customers with such content pieces as; buying guides, installation guides, new product introductory pieces
- Link Building through outreach of content pieces, leveraging the businesses existing relationships and forging new ones
- Maintaining abreast of the latest developments in SEO and acting as an internal champion, making sure that SEO is at the heart of everything we do from product titles to category structure to redirect management
- Management of our PPC account portfolio, including writing and testing Ad Copy, Keyword Bid optimisation, Google shopping (feed and bid) management. As well as keyword mining, product visibility tracking and reporting, with full support and training if required from the Head of E-commerce
- Management of the Affiliate portfolio and our ownership of the relationship with AWIN. Working with Affiliates to bring on new partners, improve order volume, increase average transaction value and increase the overall profitability and value of the channel
The Successful Applicant:
- Be able to demonstrate advanced skills in one area of; SEO, PPC, CRM or Affiliates, with a working knowledge of and desire to develop their skills in the others. To be able to work well as part of team and maintain a positive attitude
- To have a working knowledge of E-commerce, Business and Trading including; Margins, Marketing ROI, Conversion Rates and Bounce Rates.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and data manipulation skills and the ability to pull actionable insights from large swathes of data
- Be passionate about E-commerce and motivated to make a difference to the business, the successful applicant will need to be a self-starter and not require continual hand holding