IT Service Manager
IT Service Manager
Salary: £35-45K dependent upon experience
Our client offers flexible working, good holidays, pension scheme and free parking on site.
Team: Technical services team
Responsible to: Executive Director
Responsible for: Technical services staff
Location: Based at the offices of the company, and any other location required in order to perform the duties and responsibilities.
This role is responsible for the provision of installation, support, quality control and testing services for customers; the technical specification, development, enhancement, defect-fixing and quality control of Clearview’s software applications; the provision, management and monitoring of Clearview’s hardware and software infrastructure, whilst also providing management, support and guidance to all other members of the technical services team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure the provision of telephone and email support to external and internal customers, including delivering support services and providing occasional onsite visits for support and services when necessary.
- To ensure the provision of a software development service to the business, including the provision of technical specifications when appropriate, and the design, development and enhancement of quality web-based software using appropriate technologies.
- To ensure investigation and diagnosis of faults or requirements to either:
- log and document the issues as a software defect;
- log and document the issues as a software enhancement request; or
- resolve the problem and implement the solution for the customer.
- To ensure the provision of, and deliver, installation and upgrade services for Clearview software both locally and remotely at customer sites.
- To maintain an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of all Clearview software functionality.
- Ensure support calls are responded to within published timescales.
- The IT Service Manager will ensure appropriate testing and quality control is carried out for Clearview software.
- To schedule, plan and project manage development and implementation projects, ensuring timely, within budget, fit-for-purpose delivery of software and services.
- To provide support, guidance and advice to other members of staff as and when necessary.
- The IT Service Manager will pro-actively develop, manage, and ensure compliance with, development, implementation and support procedures including the Clearview development methodology
- The IT Service Manager will keep abreast of software development tools and techniques.
Staff Duties and Responsibilities
- Playing an active part in the recruitment and selection of all direct-reporting staff.
- Monitoring and assessing the performance of all direct-reporting staff through annual appraisals, appraisal reviews and regular one-to-one meetings, against mutually agreed targets.
- Managing all direct-reporting staff in accordance with, and ensuring compliance with, all company policies and procedures, for example absence management, working-time management, lone-worker procedures etc.
- The IT Service Manager will provide training, advice and guidance to the technical services team.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Be aware of, and undertake to comply with, the company’s policies and procedures as published on the company intranet.
- Undertake such training and personal development as is deemed necessary and appropriate to the role.
- The IT Service Manager will ensure that processes related to all ISO Management System(s) are followed.
- Report to the management representative(s) on the performance of the ISO Management System(s) and any potential improvements.
- Liaise with the relevant management representative(s) on all matters related to the certification and auditing processes.
A degree of autonomy is required. The post holder must be able to manage their own time appropriately to achieve their goals and deliver an excellent level of support to the organisation, in a timely and efficient manner. They must also be able to access and report accurately progress and related issues.
- At least 3 A-levels or equivalent educational qualifications
- At least three years’ experience of Microsoft SQL server
- A knowledge of database architecture and design
- At least 5 years’ experience of a technology work environment
- Previous experience of holding a prominent position within a technology team.
- An interest in continually developing appropriate skill sets.
- A degree or equivalent qualification
- At least five years’ experience of a relational database technology
- Experience of Microsoft SQL Reporting Services
- Experience of Microsoft Integration Services
- Previous software development experience using the Microsoft.NET framework
Other IT skills, abilities and experience
- Microsoft Excel experience
- Microsoft Word experience
- Microsoft Outlook experience
- Microsoft PowerPoint experience
- Microsoft Visio experience
- Microsoft SharePoint
Disposition, attitude and motivation
- Motivated to learn and develop
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise a workload, under pressure, within internally and externally imposed deadlines
- The IT Service Manager will have excellent problem solving skill and analytical skills
- The ability to pay close attention to detail
- Excellent written communication skills
- The IT Service Manager will be comfortable working and liaising with senior managers and executives
- An ability to deliver quality services and systems
- Good team worker
Management and leadership ability
EssentialProven ability to manage and lead staff.